Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate shopping for barrels, never liked going it.

i want to know which kit performs the BEST when paired with the ion.

i also wnat to factor in price to performance.

which kit is best for the price?

i dont care about price, but if a horrible barrel kit is going to cost 200 (just because of its name) not worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Edge kit is the best for the price. Other very good kits for their price is the Empire and Matchstick (although matchstick isn't in imp/ion threads). WORST value for the money is the Longbow, with the Poison Arrow a close second. Pipe and Freak are also very bad values if you buy them retail priced, but many places sell them significantly cheaper than msrp.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
...barrels will perform the same on any gun....accuracy depends on the paint to barel match....

...hmm...barrel kit i would have to say freak bc it has done well for me...but if i were u i would consider a single barrel bc it will work just as good

i would go with a Dye Ultralight....my favorite barrel and one of the best out there

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*SHOCKER* said:
...barrels will perform the same on any gun....accuracy depends on the paint to barel match....

...hmm...barrel kit i would have to say freak bc it has done well for me...but if i were u i would consider a single barrel bc it will work just as good

i would go with a Dye Ultralight....my favorite barrel and one of the best out there
ultralight is kind of expensive if i were to get some backs for it, for the price of a UL, i could get a edge kit.

what aobut a switch?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
RunningRioT said:
ultralight is kind of expensive if i were to get some backs for it, for the price of a UL, i could get a edge kit.

what aobut a switch?
y do u need backs for it ? are u going to use it on two different guns or something ?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
don't bother with different bore sizes. I was shooting zap cryptic (.689) paint with this kids b2k4 with the .683 (i think) freak insert and I was shooting ball on ball.
maybe more experienced players would beg to differ but that's my experience.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
burningcow422 said:
don't bother with different bore sizes. I was shooting zap cryptic (.689) paint with this kids b2k4 with the .683 (i think) freak insert and I was shooting ball on ball.
maybe more experienced players would beg to differ but that's my experience.

all i can say is zaps are inconsistent.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
burningcow422 said:
cryptic is actually good paint. 10 bucks says you never used it. just because it's made by zap doesn't mean it's crap. the zap primer I admit is crap though.
ive used it, broke in my barrel a few times.

i said earlier that tourney paint changes often in my area, the pro shops are never consistent in getting evils, which my current barrel loves.

i need a barrel kit that will give as much performance as my ultralite, and not weigh alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts