Bobcats (tucson)

defensive longpole

Warrior Kryptopro Kevlar

razor(i know it's an attack head)/ soft

our team is pretty good, we have the 1st 3rd 8th 10th best players in the state

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i tried it once in 7th grade in the summer at a clinic. i really like it, but i never tried it because i was afraid of embarassing myself... i did however play attack which i really liked, but middie i couldnt handle because i have asthma and its too much running. i never tried defense, although i should hve because i think i would have liked it alot better. i still want to play but i dont know if i can get into it. im really bad with self confidence..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats how i was but once you get it then its easy, and if you have asthma defense would be good 4u cuz you do minimal running and u get to beat the living s*** out of the attack

·
Registered
506 Posts
You don't know too much about lax, Bob. Defense always works more than the offense. If you're just using your stick to play defense, you're playing it the wrong way. Also, defense is a reactionary/catch-up position where you have to work after seeing where the offense is going. That takes a ton more energy than playing attack.

If you want a position with no running play goalie.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Dublin Sells Rocks
goalie
warrior krypto pro shaft
STX eclipse head
Warrior superstar gloves

Our team is doing good. We've only lost to the 2 best teams in the state. We are 7-2 right now.

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Nutley High School Raiders
Warrior c405 Kryptolyte shaft
Finalizer w/ black monster mesh head
Revo Pro as my backup w/ hard mesh
Captain and starting defensemen
"ESPN" (Every Short Poles Nightmare)

We are 3 - 2...should be 4 - 1...

·
12,110 Posts
I wont play any sports. WEll aside from paintball an dplaying around with friends. I see no point in getting yelled at by a coach (and oyu cant unleash on him or your off the team), wasting hours of your week where you could be with friends at practice, and much more.

I work out on my own, I play paintball on my own, and I play any other sports on my own. On my own schedule.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
hey does anyone that play's lacrosse can help me? It looks fun, only seen it on tv though[college]... q's...

1. is it expensive?
2. how much/what pieces of equipment do you need?
3. anybody know how i could get started? what facilities/public places usually have lacrosse teams?
4.ANYTHIN else i should know since i am interested in getting started.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Well....it won't let me quote you and type because it says that my message is too short. (but its wayyy over 4 characters). So here it goes

1. Yes it can be very expensive.
2. Helmet, mouthguard, chest protector/shoulder/arm pads, elbow pads, gloves, cup, stick (head and shaft).
3. I only play at school. I don't know any other places.
4. Practice cradling, 1 vs. 1's, and running.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i cant really play lacrosse, our school only has girls lax, it sucks, and there is no places around here that have an even remote interest in it that i know about

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I played in HS and i think im going to try out for NEC (New England College) next spring. They're Div. III. I have a warrior shaft. I dunno the number but its one of the good ones that wont bend. I have a DeBeer Triton head with god track traditional stringing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wanted to try this year, but i didnt get cleared for contacts sports after getting injured during football season.

For some reason i can cradle, even though ive never played before, but i cant do anything fancy.

Also i dont know if ill be playing next year, because i wouldnt want to start out on a varsity sport and i dont want to look like a douche.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts