Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's weak. Don't you think you guys could've come up with a name that was just a bit more original? :D

How long have you guys been putting LAN parties on for? My friends and I had a LAN party every month, but one of the guys is going to police academy now, and he's the one who can get the venue for us for free, so until he finishes we're on hiatus. That's great that you got AMD as a sponsor, what are they going to give you? We almost got Nvidia as a sponsor, but they said the event wasn't "big" enough to justify a sponsorship. Oh well, you can't win them all, right?

Oh yeah, you should get rid of the stupid matrix background on your website. I'm running an AMD XP2000+ and my computer is lagging, I can't imagine how bad it is for people with slower computers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, runs fine on a amd 1700, and a p2 450, maybe u got computer problems, nvidia has sponored other ones of ours, we just haven't put a note into them yet, we have others allready, amd has sent shirts, mouse pads variety of stuff, its not on the site yet but , we are giving the shirts away to the first 20-25 pre reg guyz, thanks for the positive input!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't know...it could be that I'm using Opera instead of IE, but typically when the whole background is an animated GIF or shockwave animation, it tends to make your computer slow down. I could still nav the site, my CPU was just at 100% load.

I'd probably go if you guys were a little closer...almost all of the LAN parties around me are run by a bunch of wackos and most of the people who attend are only there for the door prize. The kind of people who bark at you when you talk to them while they're at their computer, even if they aren't playing at the time. Its not much fun when 9 out of 10 people are complete assholes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i can't gareuntee, there won't be assholes there, that would be plain impossible, if u do notice we have room rates available, lol bring a caravan, we don't care, but i do agree with you about the assholes, and we are giving a cash prize for CS, lol that was out of my control as im not the only one running it, anymore questions let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts