Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
My dad told me his body is a little different from ours in the way oxygen is delivered to his legs, his body has no problem doing it so basically he doesn't get latic acid build up.

In other words, the man is a beast

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
He is one of my heros. He overcame cancer and started riding again, and became a better rider after the cancer because of how much he worked. I saw a part of an interview and said to the camera "I know what true suffering is, and how to overcome it. I had to worker harder when I had my cancer than I did my entire life, which, in a lot of ways, truely helped me with my cycling."

It really sounds like he is thankful that he got cancer. It made him a better, stronger person than he ever was. One of the greatest athletes of all time.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
fenix_freak said:
It really sounds like he is thankful that he got cancer. It made him a better, stronger person than he ever was. One of the greatest athletes of all time.
because hes not fake, like many famous people. hes a person like you and i who knows what its like to WORK to get to the top, not get an easy ride up there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Lance Armstrong is hardcore. 7 in a row is just freaking amazing. I've been watching it on OLN and dude all the people that finish are freaking hardcore. I mean near the end of one of the races the announcers says, "Ok folks were nearing the end of the races with ONLY 6 km left to go" **** I doubt I could ride a bike that far .. Expecially all Uphill. All cyclists are extreme dude, Imagine going uphill for freaking 30+ km !?!?

Lance Armstrong went through cancer ... testicular AND lung I believe ... that dudes a man and cancer only made him stronger.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Zeotranatix said:
Lance Armstrong went through cancer ... testicular AND lung I believe ... that dudes a man and cancer only made him stronger.
Actually I am pretty sure it was first testicular, then it spreaded into his lungs and brain. Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
he is awesome.

one of the only reasons i watch the tour de france at all. him and jans ulrich are the only people i like/know their name.

Top 10 athletes ever, he has got to be in there. Total Domination. And he didn't just go showing off, whooping on fools when he could have, he stuck with his team, and is staying connected with the sport, even tho he could sit on his butt and live like a rich man.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
<<< my avatar since before last years tour had started. Definately one of the best athletes ever. And just to clarify, he had brain cancer (edit: Fenix posted before me) as well as lung and testicular as mentioned above. And his heart is actually 50% bigger than the average persons, not 1/3 bigger.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah i saw that over hauling.

He's pretty hardcore.

Those cyclists are intense. They are true athlets, not the pussy baseball and hockey players that are famed over here.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
he is a beast, period. His heart pumps at like over 180 beats per min when he's at his full potential. Plus 7 tours, props to Lance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts