Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going from the Directfeed back to the stock 98C feedneck.

The Directfeed has me using a 45* feedneck and at first I thought it'd be alright but now I am getting fed up with how high my hopper sits. Its like a 'shoot me' beacon.

Unless... anyone know a way to adapt a hopper to the directfeed without using an enormous feedneck adapter? I have been thinking about it and it seems likely that I will have to suck it up and go back to the stock feedneck.

EDIT:

Yeah I ditched the DirectFeed and went back to stock feedneck. That brought my Ricochet AK down a good inch maybe more and also closer to the side of the marker rather than sticking out to the side. Then... I saw that the AK has a lot of feedneck - so I cut it down using the second o-ring groove as a guide and sanded it smooth.

Its much lower and closer to the marker now, a vast improvement. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did you buy the direct feed to reduce blowback? That was a major consideration of mine, and if it was yours you can always use the standard elbow and drill two small holes in the side of it, that'll help alot.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to eliminate half feeds and chops.

But... I don't need it. The AK hopper handles it all by itself. I played today and fired about 600 rounds, only one chop and that was from shooting at an extreme tilt.

The DirectFeed may actually be needed for a high rate of fire, but I never go beyond 6 or 7 BPS with my setup. So I won't ever find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts