Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I've got a Compaq laptop, and for a long time now my charger has been screwing up like there is a bad connection in it somewhere (the charger itself, not the computer). I've always had to tug on the cord a certain way, then leave it perfectly still to get it to charge. Now though, for some reason my laptop will not power on without the charger plugged in. The battery shows 100% but if I pull the charger, it cuts out immediatly. I don't think its a software problem, but I could be wrong. Having to have a laptop plugged in really defeats the purpose of owning a laptop. Please help. PLEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
Ok, here's the deal. I've got a Compaq laptop, and for a long time now my charger has been screwing up like there is a bad connection in it somewhere (the charger itself, not the computer). I've always had to tug on the cord a certain way, then leave it perfectly still to get it to charge. Now though, for some reason my laptop will not power on without the charger plugged in. The battery shows 100% but if I pull the charger, it cuts out immediatly. I don't think its a software problem, but I could be wrong. Having to have a laptop plugged in really defeats the purpose of owning a laptop. Please help. PLEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!
if it works only pluged in then it is the the battery not getting charged or holding a charge. o and i hate compaq

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
I think it's time to get a new battery. Also a new charger definately. Try getting a new charger first, if that doesn't solve the problem, get a new battery, if that doesn't, then get a computer guy to look at it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Word bro. On your battery look for a small button type thing. Press it. look to see if and lights light up and lets say its 6 out of 6 you have full battery. Then again maybe thats only dell. But I'd say just try a new charger first, then battery, although i know from expirence with IBM's that it is most likely the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts