Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got a new barrel again. I am going to use a new 14" ultralite. The back on it is .694 though. My main question is What happens when the bore is too big for your paint? It has been hot and humid here so the paint will maybe fit. If it doesn't I will switch to a .688 back. I have a CCM kit coming in the mail so once it gets here I will finally be satisfied and be willing to part with my other barrels. Man I guess I'm a barrel whore. Do you think 12 barrels is too many. Anyway I'm curious, If I have a smaller bore paint in a .694 what will happen?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well after I got my micromag I just kept getting guns with cocker barrels. Now I have my Proto. I guess you can call me old skool and I guess I kept a hold of the old rare ones. Over 9 years they just accumulated.
I have a stock micromag barrel
Some barrel that I don't know where it came from(I think it was the first BOA)
Two old Armsons (that I think say made in Africa where Armson originally started)
A J&J ceramic
An old Smart Parts All American from the first year they were made.
One of the first Dye Barrels with a boomstick porting and DYE on the side(from 95 or 96) If you know what it is please tell me.
A boomstick
Two Ultralites (One 12 inch, one 14 inch with .688 and .694 bores)
A Proto
A CCM kit

When the CCM kit comes in I'll take a pic of them all before I start parting them out. If anyone is interested in any of them just ask.

·
Registered
328 Posts
wow nice collection, sell em all and get the Total Freak or empire barrel kit

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well since you are shooting a Prot, just shoot the .694, there will be a slight drop in efficency but because of the dual detents it will be straight. I know on both the DM4 and Timmy I saw no noticable advantage to sizing the paint to bore in regards to accuracy- I just shoot the largest bore and never have barrelbreaks, the accuracy seems identical or so close as not to be able to be noticed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts