Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, last night i was at work (as some PBF members know since we were in a chat room) and a serious of very bad things happened.

Ok, to start things off I work in a hospital as a third shift Information Technology guy. I’m alone and have to cover the whole hospital till 7am.

I get to work and go to initialize my backup tapes. The tape drive went communist. I had to spend 20 minutes fixing it. I was royally pissed at this point. Then I went to go initialize the tapes for the Lotus Notes email server. That tape driver decided to join the revolution. I couldn’t fix it.

At this point I want to kill something. Then some jerk off decided to take all the ¼ boxes of tractor feed paper and put them in the printer. For those of you that do not know tractor feed paper, that means I had to open up these massive printers every 5 minutes to feed the new paper in and realign it. That really ticked me off.

Next the CD player decided to break, so I couldn’t play any music, which means the room was dead quiet. Then my backup for the hospitals imaging system decided “hey! I want to be communist too!” and it broke.

Just when you think nothing else can go wrong. At 6:10am I got a call from the Skilled Nursing department. They set their printer on fire! Some smart person dumped a whole vase of water into a Lexmark E-322 printer and it was gushing smoke. After I dealt with that I ran to the door and left work 30 minutes early before something even worse could happen.

That my friends is why last night sucked.

- Brian

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
That sucks... =(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry Headly, yeah I will agree with last night sucking though, had tornado's go through here and knocked out most of the power. Though I'm glad I'm not messing with MRI's and other power hungry machines.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That's ass. Tell them you need new stuff, like an X-Box, Halo, and X-Box live ;)

·
Team Wicked
378 Posts
^^ haha seriously. i think you should get extra compensation for all that work in one nite.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in all honesty, how the hell does a printer catch on fire? How can someone with a college degree pour a vase full of water into a printer? Why are people in this world stupid? GAH!!!!! I HATE THE WORLD!!!

except you guys... well.... most of you anyway. Cause after all, only paintballers know how to truly use air ;)

- Brian

·
Banned
546 Posts
100%Wooddog said:
Yeah the chatroom went well :rolleyes:, j/k there was just a big conflict between Sabs and somebody else.....sorry your day didn't go well last night.
HEY! I posting links left and right trying to entertain you guys. Heh. :p

Guys, are we starting another tonight?

P.S. Sorry work didn't go too well for you, Lord. (Bwahaha. That sounds really funny.)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
CaliHunter said:
^^ haha seriously. i think you should get extra compensation for all that work in one nite.
he gets paid $13 an hour to sit in a room and talk to us with the occasional reports. what could be better than talking to me and getting paid for it;) :p :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts