Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not really anything special. An old sks that someone already put a synthetic stock on. He is still pretty ugly. I got the rifle with about 1200 rounds for a little under 300. I bought it from one of my sergeants so price wasn't really a big issue for me. I ordered a tapco stock kit for it which I like. Im not sure what type of optic Im gonna go with it but I was thinking an eotech.

new stock kit I have on the way.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Looks nice, but I dont really like SKS's to much. IT looks like they cant decide whether they want to be an AK or a more common styled rifle, I just dont like the looks. But then again, its your gun, and they are pretty decent as long as you dont get one of the extremely crappy ones. Either way, nice gun.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zeruel said:
Looks nice, but I dont really like SKS's to much. IT looks like they cant decide whether they want to be an AK or a more common styled rifle, I just dont like the looks. But then again, its your gun, and they are pretty decent as long as you dont get one of the extremely crappy ones. Either way, nice gun.
well like most of the rifles I have been buying up lately it is a relic gun. The base is an SKS. Simply put it was the ak before there ever was and AK. The reason it looks so much like it is that the ak was based off of its general design. It is the russian semi auto from 1945 to the mid 50s. The continued making them untill the 60s. Many of the nations we faught had them at some time during our fight.

The fact of the matter is even though it is 60 years old it is still a great semi auto rifle firing the same round as the AK. Its good stuff. I like them they are really cheap too which is a plus. You can normally find them at gun shops for 200 or so. sometimes less.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a tapco kit. I got it straight off the site. Got a mil discount outa the deal.

The rail on it is far enough back that I don't even need the deflector. I've got a red dot on it right now.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
well like most of the rifles I have been buying up lately it is a relic gun. The base is an SKS. Simply put it was the ak before there ever was and AK. The reason it looks so much like it is that the ak was based off of its general design. It is the russian semi auto from 1945 to the mid 50s. The continued making them untill the 60s. Many of the nations we faught had them at some time during our fight.

The fact of the matter is even though it is 60 years old it is still a great semi auto rifle firing the same round as the AK. Its good stuff. I like them they are really cheap too which is a plus. You can normally find them at gun shops for 200 or so. sometimes less.
I got mine for $89.99 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eh mines got a synthetic stock on it. I also got well over a 1000 rounds for it. Ended up being a good deal. Like I said the guy I bought it from is like family so even if I didn't get the best deal I don't care. I wasn't gonna try to pinch pennies with him.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Oh I totally understand. I'm just a fan of wood stocks with no upgrades to the gun.

The 1,000 rounds of ammo is nice - 7.62x39 is getting pretty hard to find for a nice price lately.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
price is nice...the out of stock is not.

I like woodstocks and origonal feel as well. But this is more of a project. I have to just go out and buy a good condition collectors grade.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use surplusrifle alot for info but I have no reason to join the site. I am already on ar15.com and they have a decent relic section. Enough that I can get answeres when I need them. What can possibly be said about a rifle that is 60+ years old.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
I use surplusrifle alot for info but I have no reason to join the site. I am already on ar15.com and they have a decent relic section. Enough that I can get answeres when I need them. What can possibly be said about a rifle that is 60+ years old.
SRF is more friendly than AR15 in my opinion. Lots of guys who are based solely on C&R guns.

I wish I was 21 so I could get a C&R license :(

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive got my papers submited already. By the time they are ready to stamp it I will be 21. I really don't care to talk on the internet about C&R rifles that much. I will look up stuff on them and learn my self somethin new every once in a while but when I have money to spend on them I already have a wish list a mile long. I bought up a 91/30 and left it at home for my little bro. I have more rifles now than I have time to shoot. I rarely even pull out my .50 that much anymore. And most of my money is going into my bike.

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
hey do any of yall know anything about pistols? Me and my dad are looking into getting one. When my dad was in the army (he was a doctor so he didnt have his own weapons), when he was in afghanistan, he had a H&K .45 ACP and he really liked it.

Can yall give me a review of this gun?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts