Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through my schools newspaper and in the adds, I saw a whole ton of things that have a girls house and frat on them and a message saying stuff like"congratulation's on your lavaliere, we're so excited!"

so, being a college student i looked it up on wikipedia, but found nothing. On google I found this. So lavaliere is a pendant with your houses name on it...I dont' get it.

My roommate says it's something to do with getting engaged. While that makes since, why are they receiving a pendant with their house letters on it?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I thought that as well, but they've been active members for quite sometime. If that were the case, they'd make one for thier pledge class, not each individual person.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
nobody knows?
I do. In fact i've helped do it to I believe 3 people last semester so far.

Basically when a brother gives his greeks away to a significant other (wife, steady girlfriend, fiance) a lavaliere is done. The greeks are something that you have to earn. Being a part of the house is not just given away. Since the girl hasn't earned the greeks herself giving them away is something you want the guy to be sure about before he does something stupid.

Pretty much you take the person, tie them to a tree, put condiments, maybe some food on them. Then the significant other has to kiss them. Then we take them down and wash them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts