Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have a leaking Ion too. It's been like a month since this problem started and its killing me. I just started playing paintball in October 2011 so this is my first paintball gun and I really saved up for it. Frankly, I don't have money to spare to by a new one so I've been looking for other ways to fix. I found one a few hours ago and I'm not really sure of it. The write-up talks about disassembling your Ion and cleaning it with a something called like an ultrasonic cleaner. Has anybody heard/ tried that before? I think the source is credible because it was written by a doctor. BUT STILL it is better to be safe than sorry. lol. Check it out here Smart Parts Ion Paintball Gun Refurbishing Through Ultrasonic Cleaning let me know what you think. Please help and give me advice. Thank you.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I was going to get to this 12 hours ago, but then Frontier decided to do some mantience..

Locate the leak and we can work from there.

To clean it, wipe the bolt and orings with a towel, and apply dow55 or sl33k lube.. or whatever your favorite greese based paintball lube is.

If it's borked beyond repair and covered in gunk that water and soap won't remove, i could see ultrasonic being an option; but it's certainly not something i've ever needed to do.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Anything CAN benefit...at the right time.

I used a bit of 55 on my Aura because it was shipped with a leaking oring. Since it was a static oring, popped a little 55 on there, played a game or 2, and it was sealed up exactly like it should have been.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The problem I see with people using dow55 on spools is when they think its regular lube, and lube all the orings with it, static and dynamic, and when they can't figure out why their marker isn't cycling like it should, they call it a piece of junk and get pissed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find the leak? If its leaking down the barrel more than likely its a o-ring on the bolt or bolt stop. If coming from the frame take the grip frame screws out push the board up a little and pinpoint the leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts