Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well.. i no ellis made a thread of me going to lebanon now ill extend on it

well basically we first got there ofcourse we had to go around meeting the family.. we stayed with my grandparents of my mothers side. the first week was very boring becuz it was only meeting family although it was nice since the last time i went was about 8 years ago. Lucky for me i had my uncle/aunt who are really close to me that live in london who i havent seen in 2 years come so i had a good time with them.

first week consisted of seeing family. also going to the beach a lot. they have a beautiful beaches there. although it was a lil boring cuz there was no1 my age.. at this point we were mostly seeing my fathers side.. and every1 is really a lot older than me. so id just be bored and swim a lil. id also go to some internet cafe sometimes cuz i got so bored.

my o so charming uncle :p and my mothers aunt and that baby is my mothers uncles son.. (big family)....

i also got to meet for the first time my new cousin

start of the second week was similar but it got a lot better than usual. we started meeting my mothers side of the family. She has an uncle that has a son thats 15. So we started chilling. he had a computer so in my spare time id talk to some friends. although the day after we met we had to go on a really boring and long trip to see the seeders of lebanon. it was long and boring but the views were spectacular.

me under a seeder

after that trip though things went up hill. I dont have pix of the fun i had cuz i never got the camera. but we met up with my cuzins friends and they were all mad chill. it was a group of like 15 guys mixed with girls. all really great people. they had a club they built under a building which fit all of us and it was really fun in there and really cool. they had a rug on the floor and some comfy cushions and some cushioned chairs a bar that had a cooler for beer and stuff. they also got some electricity from the building closest to it. so we had a lamp and fans and we had small computer speakers so if we wanted to we can listen to ipods.

While i was in lebanon it was also my bday. July 8th. for my bday my family made plans july 7th to go to this restaurant it was really nice and all. good food. unfortunatly i had a headache. but besides that it was nice.

me cutting my cake.. sry to happy i guess :p

then it was july 8th my bday... well it was prob the best day of my life.. we went to paul van dyk live. it was the most amazing thing. drinks girls dancing 12000 people and the best dj in the world... that just makes up the best night ever.. we got there at 11 and there was a warm up dj til 2am then paul van dyk made his entrance.. amazing music amazing night.

after that day things started slowing down a lil cuz it was almost time for me to leave.. we were supposed to leave the 13th of july.. so anyway.. we had to go last minute site seeing although i didnt go to to much with my parents i stayed with my cuzin and his friends most of the time. but i went out with my parents and my grandmother sometimes. we went to see the saints of lebanon and the statue of mary.

a saints church we were at.. me my grandmother and sister.

pix from the restaurant next to st mary's statue

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after all these events.. the unforgettable happend...
july 12 were out going to get our last minute shopping done and we hear fire works. we get home turn on the tv and hear the news of the israeli soldiers that were killed and captured.. through the whole night we heard jets flying over us

july 13.. we get up at 5 am to go to the airport for our plane at 8am...
we get to the airport at 6am. we put the first luggage bag on the floor and WOOOOSH BOOM.. i was like wtf was that... i was shaking... my dads like ****.. im like wat wat happend? my dads like theyre bombing the airport.. my hear hit the floor. we get our luggage together and enter the airport. the second bomb hits.. we run through xrays and get to check in and the third 1 hits.. the guy behind the check in says hold up for a minute.. so were waiting and about 30 min later the airport gets closed down.. and a 4 and 5 bomb were heard but they felt farther away.

we get home and were all watchign tv for most of the time.. now were all sitting in beirut. my dads watching the tv and then hes like ok were going up to the christian area.. (the place where my mom has her family its a nice small christian area its where me and my cuzin hang out with all the other people) so im like y do we have to go there? hes liek cuz theyre gunna start hitting really close by. im like ok so we all head to the christian area.. on the way there we would hear bombs going off... so we finally get there and i see my cuzin and we go to see every1 else... now some people are already leaving to go farther away from southern lebanon so there are less people and every1 is getting worried... every day we would check the news and id be with my cuzin and his friends. were always hearing bombs especially at night. and the jets flying over our heads. sometimes at night we would go to the roofs of the buildings and look at beirut and wed see blinding flashes and then the big bangs of the bombs. wed also see the anti air guns go off.

finally after 10 days of calling the US embassy and dealing with the state department we get through and they tell us a date and place to be to get evacuated and were all like ok. so we get up at 4 am and get to the place at 5 am. we no they wont open til 6 am and that theyre are supposed to be 5000 people leaving that day. wen we got there and stood in the crowd this is wat we saw

this is about.. 30% of the people that ur seeing mayb less

there was a lot of pushing shoving and little kids crying ect. we finally got past that check point. then we had to go through registration and luggage checking.

then from there we have to get on an LCU i think thats wat they called it.

we were going to dock with the ship USS Trenton

as soon as we docked we got something to eat and went through the ship. supposedly there were about 1800 evacues and mayb 1000 marines/navy on the ship. when we were finished going through the ship we slept becuz we were exausted. I slept for about 15 - 16 hours.. our trip was to cyprus.

on the flight deck

me my sis and father(my mom took the pic) waiting to get off and after 12 + hours of sleep

when we got off the ship we had to go through immigration and then get on a bus to go to a couple of buildings used for shelter and register for a plane to get us to the US. when we got to the place me my mother and sister took a building and some cots for us while my father went to register us.

it was extremly hot. like we were sweating just siting there. and we had some food which was a soldiers meal. after a few hours of my dad walking around the place he comes rushing into tell us something grabs me and runs to the building where we registerd. there were cots in there and it was airconditioned. i ran back and got my mother and sister.

so we stayed there for the night and exactly 24 hours from then we got a plane to get us out of cyprus. so we get to the airport and we get on the plane... it was a really tight 757. we had charterd flights.

so that plane was supposed to get us to ireland and from ireland refuel and go to philly. so everything is going good and we get to ireland. they say we have to wait 2 hours to get on the plane again. were like ok fine. by this time no1 has taken a shower for mayb 2 -3 days and every1 feels like ****. the kid behind me on the flight mayb 7 years of age threw up 5 times i didnt get anything on me though. i slept most of the way. so its about 7 pm.. and were waiting.. 9 pm every1 gets a bit uptight that they didnt call us to get on the plane. so the questions started comming up. there was no food for us to eat either so people were really hungry.. we finally learned after 5 hours that there were some sick people on the plane and that they had to go to the hospital and they had to get the luggage out of the cargo. so finally after 5 hours we get back on the plane. every1 is really happy were finally going home... so we get on the plane and we get to the runway.. by this time we learn the crew is a bunch of assholes.. worst attitude.. but we were all ok cuz were getting home.. right?

rong we get on the runway and the pilote starts accelerating and we hear a small bang from the right side of the plane.. the plane stops and the pilote is like sry folks ur day has gone from bad to worse... the valve that warms up the engine so it doesnt get ice in it just blew and we have to fix it.. so we had to get off the plane... now were in the airport again ... and their counting how many people are on the plane incase we need a hotel. so were waiting for about 4 hours more in the airport... people are getting restless.. they announce were going to a hotel.. some people are happy some are pissed. some almost started a riot to get a plane right now to get out.. but we ended up going to a hotel. it felt so great cuz i havent taken a shower in mayb 4 days by now.. so it felt amazing and we had a meal that was great to cuz no1 ate any real food in a couple of days as well.

so we waited about 7 - 8 hours in the hotel and we finally get called to go to the airport. even the sick people came with us... there was a prob at check in though they couldnt get the computers workin so after about an hour they let us in and they did it "manually".

so we finally get on the plane and its a dif plane. with a lot more leg room. or just enough that i can fit... and we finally make it after 7 hours to philly...

i was so happy to get home.. but i had a fever as soon as i got through the door.. i almost cried when i got in though cuz i was so stressed and i had so many emotions going through me at the same time it was crazy..

all in all the fun times were fun and the bad times were terrible...
the marines were the most amazing people though.. really nice guys. we were treated so well during the evacuation.

i love the US it really is the most amazing country if it wasnt for the US i wouldnt be here today.. god knows where i would be.

god bless the US and lebanon... i love lebanon so much and all i hear is more bad news everyday.

i no some of it doesnt sound to bad or anything but u cant say anything unless u were there to experience it first hand...

thx for reading

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
First things first, damn that girl on the left is cute as hell!

sharpeye3000 said:

anyways, Hmm lemme see if i can remember everything i wanted to comment on...ill just make a list

-I thought it was funny that you had a Peace T-shirt on in lebanon just before the war broke out.

-That Paul Van Dyk Show must have been awesome, I have heard some of his stuff and I must say, I'm not a big techno guy, but I like his music a lot.

-I'm glad to hear that you came out alright, along with the other thousand people who were trying to escape the Collateral Damage.

-Your dad looks really funny in that picture with your mother's aunt and the little kid

-Some of the pictures that you took were spectacular. those views look amazing

Welcome back!

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Good to hear you're back safe, although I already knew... But sweet.

Second, how old is your sister? :dodgy:

Nice pics.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
wow, what an experience... if something like that happened to me on the plane (something breaking during takeoff) i think i'd like die... lol

glad to see you made it home alright! sounds like quite a time!

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
thats pretty cool. i mean if you want my opinion, i'd say thats an awsome experience. sure it has some down-times, but think about what you got to go through. its unforunate its happening to begin with, but you WERE the news. if you ask me thats pretty ****ing cool.

my friend is living north of tel aviv right now, should be coming home soon for school though. his friend who i knew actually moved back to israel (hes 18) and joined the military, so he's being trained as i type thsi

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
flowbob said:
First things first, damn that girl on the left is cute as hell!
You have got to be kidding me... Only here can we see the incredible human struggle, and someone will still think with thier dick... Sometimes I dispair for the future of this planet.

*sigh*

Glad to hear you are ok. I hope that the family you left behind will be safe as well.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Wow,that must of been one hell of a experience. If there wasn't all the fighting going on over there,I would definatley want to visit there.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Wow, I can't even imagine what was going through your minds when you were in the airport and israel started bombing the runways and fuel depots.

Glad to hear you and your family are okay, sounds like you had an experience of a lifetime.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Elliswithagun said:
Second, how old is your sister? :dodgy:

Nice pics.

agreed.

seriously though, I'm captivated by the peoples faces in that mass group picture. the look of confusion and fear is on everyones face. It reminds me of when teh terrorists flew into the world trade center. nobody knows what to think and suddnely your simple world just got flipped over (cept yours...youre grinning like an idiot)

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my sister is 9 years old

the pictures where u see all those people and the trucks that was the first check point we had to pass it was rediculous. it took us about 2 hours to get through the panic. at 1 point the lady in front of my dad passed out so we called for red cross and they came with a stretcher and carried her past the trucks (pased the truck is the 2nd check point) so my dad stuck right to the backs of the red cross medics and walked as far as he could go with them so we were able to get some distance off that.. otherwise we would have prob taken more time.
edit:
martix_agent said:
agreed.

seriously though, I'm captivated by the peoples faces in that mass group picture. the look of confusion and fear is on everyones face. It reminds me of when teh terrorists flew into the world trade center. nobody knows what to think and suddnely your simple world just got flipped over (cept yours...youre grinning like an idiot)
i was grinning becuz i was happy that i new i was getting out of a war stricken country

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
MedicDVG said:
You have got to be kidding me... Only here can we see the incredible human struggle, and someone will still think with thier dick... Sometimes I dispair for the future of this planet.

*sigh*
If she looks good in that kind of struggle, imagine what she looks like on a normal day :rofl

I wasnt thinking with my dick, I just saw her and thought she was quite beautiful, and thats as far as my thoughts went. I love you too medic <3

·
ShArPeYe
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jinjiro said:
You BASTARD. You saw Paul Van Dyk. I officially hate you now.

By the way, he's good but not the best in the world.
Tiesto FTW, followed by Oakenfold.

-Jin
haha well hes ranked first in the world so im going according to that.. and i love tiesto hes amazing as well

1 - 20 of 34 Posts