Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of starting a petition against the several states that have created the laws rasing the driving age of its citizens. In NJ you now only recieve your permit at 17, and a license at age 18.. (http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/cit_permits/d_pat_basicauto.html second paragraph if you dont believe me) I for one, am PISSED OFF at this because it basicaly takes away me freedom for an extra 2 years. I know this petition wont affect kids our age, but maybe in 5 years if it continues to grow it will cause some changes. I just need to know if enough people support this cause, and the states in which this is happening. I know that Massachusetts, and NJ have already put this law into effect.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would support any laws that restrict or raise the age limit of drivers.american teens are very immature compared to most other countries If it were up to me 21 would be the age that you could get a licence.I got my licence at 15 1/2 and I can tell you that I had no buisiness driving a 2,000 lb vehicle and I lost a few friends because of the legal driving age being so young.

·
Registered
241 Posts
you might have a hard time ahead of you. There's lots of evidence that says that raising the driving age prevents accidents and stuff like that. Be prepared for a counter argument/

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess not enough people agree with me to even bother with this. Unfortunately i guess this is how the world works, our parents elect people who decide our furute.. thats a GREAT system! thumup: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think u mean u get ur permit at 17 b/c i live in jersey and i got my provisional license last month and im 17 u just get a license w/out restrictions at 18.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it changed next year, not ur year, but the kids that are 16 right now

·
Registered
19 Posts
holy crap are u serious? that sux d*ck wait do u have a link cuz the one u posted has that same provisional license thing at 17 like i have

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh CRAP.. i had a very nice and intelligent post to kindly explain to drktamer why hes an idiot.. but the server went down for like 2 seconds or my computer got screwed up, and i lost it.. ahhh crap.. so.. drktamer.. shutup

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
I think it needs to raise about 3 years(after i get my license of course:)) There are so many accidents because of the immaturity in teens.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
im curious too, if you parents ( god forbid) do such a bad job electing the people who have the power to change those laws. who do you htink would be better suited?
IMO- its not immaaturity that kills people, its stupidity usually.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I think you should be 17-18 before you get a license. Deal with the fact that you have to stay a bit longer before you get it. My girlfriend was killed by a driver that wasn't young or drunk..just tired. Thousands of things need to be accounted for in an accident. Don't blame the young because It is show that the elderly cause up to 3 times the accidents of the youth population..thats from 65+ and 25- thats not good. If there are restrictions going down there should be the same when you get up to 65

·
Registered
434 Posts
Frankly, I can't stand the majority of less than 18 year old drivers, especially the ones who don't have a job and have mommy and daddy buy them a car...and pay their insurance...and pay for their gas...and their maintainence. I mean, there are exceptions, but the majority of young drivers (IMO) are undeserving, ignorant, spoiled brats. I didn't get my license until I turned 18 because I didn't want to have a part time job just so I could have a car; my parents couldn't afford to buy me one, much less pay for the ongoing expenses. You should have to earn the privelege to drive, not have it wrapped up and given to you in a box.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Is having a driver's liscence before you're 18 worth people dying for it? This last year, one of my schoolmates was nailed by teen drivers going at least 20 over in a residential. Not drunk, not tired, just two slap happy giggling rich girls taking a curve in a residential street at, what the forensics describe as, "no less than 45" ****ing miles per hour. They later had the audacity to blame it on sandy roads, and tell the newspapers that they were friends of hers. Truth is, they may not have even been aquainted.

You know, Ashley's shoes were knocked off her feet on impact, and landed some several meters away. I'm not making that up.

Forgive me if I've sort of lost my sympathy for teenage drivers. There are many of them that deserve and could put to good use a drivers liscence, but unfortunately there are several of them that will inevitably cause similar lethal or debilitating accidents if you let them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts