Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've noticed I'm using way too much paint at least a hopper and a pod or 2 or 3 I feel like im using way to much paint for 15 to 10 mins how much paint do you guys normally use in 10 to 15 mins

After my first match today I switched to semi on my ion xe with virtue but felt like still using just as much paint

Should I set my rof lower? and if so to what? I was think 10 bps or 12 bps I know it only takes 1 ball to get someone out so I don't need some crazy fast rof

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I never really shoot faster then 12 bps anyways. I don't like 10 bps, there is too much a gap in the stream.

I probably shoot about 300 or so rounds in 10-15 minutes, really depends what type of game you're in. If you feel like the game is going to go long, then start conserving your shots and when you fire heavily.

·
Law
622 Posts
Tournament play between 2-6 pods plus the hopper depending how long I last.

Rec play 1-2 pods plus hopper per game.

Pump play like 50-100 shots max. Just shoot semi, and take good shots. Don't take as much paint with you and you won't shoot as much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys just set my rof to 12.5 so hopefully that will help plus I'm going to try to conserve paintballs next time but today I took my bro and dad to paintball explosion and I remember letting my bro tryy pod harness one match and when he got out forgot he had the pods so was stuck for while just firing air trying to fend of 5 guys from 3 directions i just popped fired scared them back to cover and kept doing this till couple of my teamates finally came and tried to help some kid even offered me a pod of paint but I didn't take it cuz wouldve felt bad if I did so just told him to use my distraction to try to get some of the guys nice kid I learned today you dont need paint to help others out

·
Law
622 Posts
You can take paint and then just give them a pod back when you get back to the tables...

Are you playing on semi? Capping it won't help much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya I guess I could've done that but still would've felt bad what can i say im old fashion even though im not old but id rather have the kid have some more fun then worry about getting hos paintback but iit let him actually get a couple guys so it worked out in the end and ya I decided to play semi today and recall I would like to play speedball there an speedball paints even cheaper but there's only 2 people in the speed ball fields everytime I'm there

D

·
0 Posts
Its largely situational.

Some games I can go through less than a hopper. Other games I can go through my hopper and most of my 4 pod harness. I play 15.4bps capped semi.

If I need to provide cover to advance the people I'm working with, I tend to throw more paint. If I'm playing air ball, I certainly use more paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts