Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Why?
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say this is one of the best bands out there. You are thinking right now ways to make me sound like a complete nut. But hear me out, these guys have all the elements of music. They are one of the bands that when i pop in a CD, i dont ever have to hit next, i can just let it play.

Rock with a little bit of rap, with a pinch of sweet sounds. You cant get any of that any where else. If there is i am to busy with listening to this band. Send me your thoughts or just yell out how awsome these guys are! Or if you have any other band that might come close to them, give me the name and i shall decide!

I would also like to say Mr. Hahn rocks the house! thumup:

D

·
0 Posts
i like some of it.. it is VERY repetative though.. alotta songs sound so much alike.. but that one mr hahn song from hybrid theory, itch or something.. i dunno the songs thats pure effects,, once all the stupid ****ty intro stuff is done.. thats a killer tune..

·
Registered
967 Posts
There borderline ok, i dont love them i dont hate them. They do have a good mind and some of there songs are creative and away from the ordinary. And they paintball so thats a plus too

·
Registered
898 Posts
I hate them beyond reason, beyond feel. I hate them with a fiery passion. They have no musical talent, they are a new form of pop, and they are horrible. There is nothing that could even be mistakenly known as Rock.

Have a nice day. thumup:

·
Why?
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrighty!

Woah settle down... Don't hurt yourself you could simply say you dont like them but... ok... I see you enjoy being discriptive, but more power to you.

This little guy is awsome> thumup:

I have a question though, how can you determine rock from not rock? That is to wide of a subject to even declare something not to be or be rock.

Oh well.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Freddychicken said:
Woah settle down... Don't hurt yourself you could simply say you dont like them but... ok... I see you enjoy being discriptive, but more power to you.

This little guy is awsome> thumup:

I have a question though, how can you determine rock from not rock? That is to wide of a subject to even declare something not to be or be rock.

Oh well.
Actually, it's quite simple. When rock first began to emerge, it got it's own genre of music. With this genre, a set of rules or standards were set for this genre. Anything with turntables and techno music is not rock. (I find it hilariously amusing that some Linkin Park musicians actually list "turntables", "samples", and "beats" under instrument.) Linkin Park is Techno Pop with some Rap. Nothing more.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Lol what are you talking about they have all the elements of music, maybe all the music of pop crap. You obviously are either a.) Not too old, I'll give you that usually younger people get lured into their ploy. b.) Know not too much about music. Or both.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Words cannot describe how much they blow.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I like them, everyone is hating them because they're into this new "if it's on mtv, it must burn" fad. I own Live in Texas and Meteora, I like them because they're style is original and doesn't suck. Ill agree they are overplayed on the radio, despite that they're still a good band.

EDIT-Btw Linkin Park is officially categorized as alternative rock, rock has many branch offs, you cant just say there is one form

·
Registered
898 Posts
Adaminator said:
I like them, everyone is hating them because they're into this new "if it's on mtv, it must burn" fad. I own Live in Texas and Meteora, I like them because they're style is original and doesn't suck. Ill agree they are overplayed on the radio, despite that they're still a good band.
You want to talk about fads?! The entire Linkin Park concept is a fad! That is why ALL these band eventually disappear. Park is supposedly rock music....how about no?! These whining idiots couldn't hold a candle to some real rock bands! The Doors would burn them alive!! ORIGINAL STYLE?!?!?! Where the hell do you get that? There's only been about 1,000 bands before just like them. Just because the singer has a unique voice does not mean they're original! You want original? Listen to Judas Priest. I don't care if you listen to them, but quit trying to make them into something they aren't. They are pop music and there will be a thousand more bands just like 'em. Oh and by the way, what is on MTV worth watching? Nearly every song has the same message anyway, if not basically the same lyrics. Thanks, but I'll leave MTV to the "cool kids"...Real World ***s..

Alternative rock doesn't really exist. It's to group the bands who request not to be filed under pop to go under. It all comes down to the original categories:

Rap
R & B
Soul
Country
Rock
Metal
Pop
Maybe a few others (i.e. Techno, Instrumental, etc.)

If it's not in one of those (and there is NO WAY it could ever be grouped under rock) it would be under pop...where it belongs!

PS - Just because Best Buy needs a way to categorize their music, doesn't make a category real...

**To let you know, this is not a personal attack so I'm sorry if it comes off that way. You just hit a rather touchy subject for me. Feel free to argue. No hard feelings. thumup:**

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
^^^^^^^^

One of the best posts I've seen in a while.

My thoughts exactly. There is nothing legit about this band. Heck, they were even made from a corporation, how ghey is that? Also, them making a so called 'remix' of their first album proved that they were pop. 'Nuff said.

But like Dante said, if you like them, cool. It's good that they can provide you with music you can enjoy. But don't try to make them into something their not. And rock they are not.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dante's Inferno said:
You want to talk about fads?! The entire Linkin Park concept is a fad! That is why ALL these band eventually disappear. Park is supposedly rock music....how about no?! These whining idiots couldn't hold a candle to some real rock bands! The Doors would burn them alive!! ORIGINAL STYLE?!?!?! Where the hell do you get that? There's only been about 1,000 bands before just like them. Just because the singer has a unique voice does not mean they're original! You want original? Listen to Judas Priest. I don't care if you listen to them, but quit trying to make them into something they aren't. They are pop music and there will be a thousand more bands just like 'em. Oh and by the way, what is on MTV worth watching? Nearly every song has the same message anyway, if not basically the same lyrics. Thanks, but I'll leave MTV to the "cool kids"...Real World ***s..

Alternative rock doesn't really exist. It's to group the bands who request not to be filed under pop to go under. It all comes down to the original categories:

Rap
R & B
Soul
Country
Rock
Metal
Pop
Maybe a few others (i.e. Techno, Instrumental, etc.)

If it's not in one of those (and there is NO WAY it could ever be grouped under rock) it would be under pop...where it belongs!

PS - Just because Best Buy needs a way to categorize their music, doesn't make a category real...

**To let you know, this is not a personal attack so I'm sorry if it comes off that way. You just hit a rather touchy subject for me. Feel free to argue. No hard feelings. thumup:**
He speaks the truth....

·
Registered
379 Posts
I never said I liked MTV, I just think its gay that once a band's music video gets on there they are immediatly branded pop, despite whoever they are. I liked Linkin Park before they were "pop". Rock=bands, Linkin Park has a guitarist, bassist, drummer, two vocalists, and some ghetto beats dude(don't know what to call him lol). Thats closer to rock, than techno. Besides where would ska be placed under in the all-mighty 7 categories? And alternative rock is a real music category, we have a radio station that calls what music it plays that. Its also a category for cable music channels. Im not saying its a whole new type of music, but rock music is so diverse that it does branch off in some areas.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts