Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Liquid CO2 Despite good Reg

751 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  irondoofus 
#1 ·
I have a Spyder TL with a Bob Long Torpedo Regulator.I just unpackaged and installed a new Drop that I received in the mail today. I installed my CO2 and took the gun outside for a few test shots. When I fired my fourth or fifth shot, I started to see snowflakes behind the balls, ie Liquid CO2. I usually play woods and am hooked up to a remote.With this setup I have never had liquid in the gun. The tank is not set up for anti-siphon, but I was under the impression that the Torpedo would negate the need for siphoning. I am shooting 290 FPS @ 450 PSI. Can anyone help me with this dilemna, other than swithcng to HPA, because I cannot afford it.

As an aside, I cannot get Ottersccustoms.com to load for me. Is his page down, or do I have to adjust some settings ?

#2 ·
the only thing i could suggest is to get your tank(s) anti siphoned.. that should keep most of the liquid co2 out, unless it is installed wrong in which case it would work like not very good.. look into it, and see how much it will cost you, and have a pro shopt do it, it shouldnt be that expensive, and if you can only afford co2, is the way to go..

#4 ·
He said hes using a remote do u usually have it vertical in like a pod pack or something and for some reason u had it horizontal for test shooting maybe?

#6 ·
if you've using a remote line, make sure the valve is facing up, not down. and gettign an anti-syphon tube on a vertically mounted tube is bad..jsut leave it how it is.

if you play without the remote, I'd suggest buying a different tank and putting an anti-syphon tube in it. jsut make sure you dont' accidently switch them or lots of co2 is gonan come out :rofl

#10 ·
Installed my own anti-siphons and everything is kosher now. Thanks for the advice.

Doof

#12 ·
Gobs and gobs of loc-tite. I didn't spare any expense either, I used the ultra loc-tite that my granny uses to hold her choppers in.

Doof

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.