Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon, you guys know you've had it before. You play the game, and it all of a sudden just hits you at once, that this games is beyond kickass. Add what games gave you this feeling, here's the ones I can remember:

C&C Red Alert - First game of this type I ever played, everything about this game I loved, I just learned how to play it on XP and I still love it.

Starcraft - at first I didn't think it was that great, but the online play is what sucked me in.

Half Life - First fps of it's greatness, and the engines spawned many great games, and online play was awsome.

First Final Fantasy for NES - I remember the first rpg I ever played, and I was pretty young, but just old enough to understand what was going on. It was such a godly game, and it still is.

Chrono Trigger - This games was a freaken orgasm, best music and sound I ever heard in a game, best graphics at the time, best story ever, every character ruled, a brand new system of battle, in my opinion the last great rpg from square.

Every console Zelda game ever made - every one of these games when they come out are way ahead of their time, are completely something new, and just make me happy when I play them in all their perfect gloriousness.

Nox - Not a very popular game, but it was a very fun game. It was an rpg, but based more on skill rather than how many hours you just wanna pour into a game. The story was awsome, all the spells were kickass, view system ruled, and best multiplayer dueling of any rpg to date.

Diablo ii before expansion - before the expansion I loved this game. Online, I had like everything, than the expansion came out and it was never the same again. Addicting game though.

A blurred line - a rpgmaker 2000 game that was never finished, but it's gameplay was funner than most games of nowdays.

Smash Brothers Melee - This is a perfect example of a game that was flawlessly designed to make a smooth four player fighter.

Starfox 64 - Still to date my favorite flying game. The controls were superb, you felt one with the plane. All the missions were awsome, absolute chaos. A classic.

Goldeneye - What can I say, this game revolutionized console shooters in my opinion. The multiplayer, although flawed with the automatics, is still one of my favorite to play. Gotta love the Complex baby! Single player was awsome, they did things that many of todays developers still don't take the time to do.

Robin Hood Prince of thieves - I didn't even think NES games could get this advanced! It was like three games in one, and the first I know of to implement the baulders gate/diablo style inventory. You could duel people, you could have these huge battlefield fights, and then there was the main walk around fight and stuff. It was an awsome game, although it will never get the recognition it deserves, like many other forgotten titles.

Super mario rpg - Not too many people liked this game I guess, but I don't care. It was so fun to play, I don't know what it was but this game was maybe one of the most joyous to play ever. Too bad they never tried to make another one and went with the whole gay paper mario thing!

The metriod games - these I almost didn't want to put on the list, because at some points each of the metroid games definitely frustrated me. But they are definitely awsome games, and probably one of the most difficult franchise of games ever developed as a whole.

Super mario brothers 3 - easily the best mario game ever created, this game had it all. The racoon tail never did come back, it's too bad...

Perfect Dark - pretty much the sequel to goldeneye. When it came out, the graphics were superb. The multiplayer had bots and challenges, which was awsome. Although I didn't actually like the multiplayer quite as much as goldeneye's, it still did a good job, and brought back many weapons and levels from GE. I loved the story and weapons for this game, I really think they did a good job with this game, it'd be nice to see a sequel from them, but I'm not sure if Rare is even alive anymore, so that kinda sucks.

Unreal Tournament - The game never gets old. It was iffy if this one belonged on the list, but I do recall the first time playing it was a pretty good feeling.

I think that's it, there's tons of other great games, they just aren't so above the bar that they make you like forever happy while playing them.

2,668 Posts
Earthbound- My god i love this game soo much, first ever RPG, and since im a total nerd, it has a special place in my heart...

Chrono Trigger- Definately one of the most interesting and likable games i've ever played. Definately a top 10 on my list.

Super Mario World- I went back to play this from start, and it's very nostalgic of my childhood. I used to hang out with these kids down the street and we played it alot, and all i can remember is how much i loved the forest music.

SNES is MY system, I can never get enough of it, so almost every other SNES game is good!

Final Fantasy 8- My friend and I were geeks enough at 11 to stay up all night and pretend which characters we were. I must say for 10-11 year lds, we pwned that game!

Also, almost every FF game is very nostalgic as well. My bro was a big video game fan and i practically grew up watching him play, so whenever i had the chance to steal FF3 or something and play I would. Also as time passes, in FF7+ I would always choose the same party he did because i thought they were the best :D

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
All the final fantasy games
Red Alert 1 and 2
Nox
Super Mario World (I actually rplayed this game the other day, I'm about half way through the second world)
7th Saga

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bubble Bobble- Endless hours of ****s and giggles

FF7-FF10- Damn these games were sooo much fun and they were hard too ff11 was jus too gay to go online why? why?

Starcraft-Online amazign

Diablo 2- Online amazing

SOCOM-Online amazing

Madden 04-PWNAGE

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes! How could I forget Bubble Bobble! That game is definitely on the list. If they ever make a new smash bros. they need to ditch ice climbers and throw in Bub and Bob!

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Call of Duty - The last russian mission gave me a tingly feeling, when you realize that it really happened, and what it meant.

Starcraft - Still addicted to it. Desperatly awaiting Starcraft 2. (Not SC Ghost)

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
SSB Melee? Man, you're forgetting your roots man...Super Smash Brothers for the N64 was the true classic. I play that every chance I get, the last time I did that was this morning.

Try playing against 3 level-9 bots (Captain Falcon, Fox and DK), no team damage, all 30 kills (in a 10 stock game) and still winning. Of course, my character of choice is always the bad*** guy with the sword, Link :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tribes 2, Desert Combat Mod for BF1942!!, Call of Duty, GTA's

things that gave me the tingly feeling of throwing the game out the window cause it sucked? Diablo 2! Warcraft 3!

·
Registered
593 Posts
For me it would be: CS, BF1942 series, Runescape, Blitzkrieg, Final Fantasy, MOH, DPB and many many more games that I dont feal like listing. The one I did list are the ones I have been playing some each for the past few months. There are also a few games coming out that im soooo excited about (Soldiers: Heroes of WWII and Panzer Aces).

·
Registered
127 Posts
hm isnt soldiers out now? thought i saw it somewhere

·
Registered
593 Posts
sic402 said:
hm isnt soldiers out now? thought i saw it somewhere
Actually I think it game out July 1st!! yay!! I might have to go out and buy it. I played the demo and thought it was awesome!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts