Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomba said:
whoa, pretty neat. that 3rd masters lock, ive never seen one liek that.
That's a warded lock, it just has a pass-through shackle, which isn't as common. Warded locks are the modern version of the locks used before the modern pin tumbler style. The kind you see used in midevel castles and such. They are about as cheap a lock as you can get and they are extremely easy to open without a key. Typically they are used in very low security applications, or in places where, in an emergency, the lock will be broken off.

If you want to get a closer look your local home depot should have a ton of them. Just look for the locks with a key like I showed in the video.

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
what were those flat metal fold out pieces? they kind of looked like shims for something..

Definetly a cool skill man thumup:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can find them all over the internet. Just google "lock picks". They range in price from $20 to $300 for a set, though you really only need the most basic set. Something like this is perfect (though I don't think that particular company sells to the public):

http://www.lockpicks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=267

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Wow, Easy Pickings.

Back in the day, like 3rd grade, me and my friends always talked about what we would take with our Easy Pickings.

I owned everyone by telling everyone I would take their Easy Pickings with my Easy Pickings.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
pretty cool. I was into lock picking for a lil, didnt get to involved in it. But it seemed as though you barely put any force on the tension wrench while picking the tumblers. Anyway, Ill probably give bumping a try in the near future when I have the time.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
thats the trouble with lock picking...it takes way too long. and can be avoided with a good set of bolt cutters in less time.

let me also finish by saying. ive never been locked out of anything i wanted to get into...especially a house (mine mostly)....just a temporarily delayed entry....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts