Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if there has been a topic on this, but if this is in the wrong section plz move. Does having a longer barrel mean the gun will be more accurate? or are there other factors that apply to the ball shooting straight like air, etc?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Question: Doesnt a 24 barrel make your gun shoot further than a 12?
Answer: Yes, it will shoot exactly 12 further from the guns chamber. A red paintball leaves a 14 barrel at 300 fps. A blue paintball leaves a 10 barrel, at the same trajectory and velocity (feet per second), both of the paintballs will land exactly the same distance away from the barrel. This, of course, bars all oddities like wind and other objects that may be in the way. So, unless you are using a barrel system like the Tippmann Flatline that utilizes backspin to increase range, you cant expect a 24 barrel to shoot any further than a 12 barrel if both barrels have the same initial muzzle velocity.
there you go.

to go even further, no a longer barrel is not more accurate as only the first few inches effect the balls travel.

actually just read this, It's in the sticky by the way.
Finding the right barrel for your gun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea...I found a barrel kit I might by that has the different bores...but I play woodsball and have to buy paint from the guy who owns the place...so idk what bore it is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea...well I guess it will take some research to see what kinda paint he buys...last time I was up there we used Voodoo (not making it anymore) & Ink'd.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Thats where a barrel kit comes in handy. It doesn't matter what you buy, just match your paint to barrel, and have long lasting all day fun! :p

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Even though J&J makes a barrel kit it's quite expensive >.<

The Empire Revolver and Evile Pipe are both economical and perform great!

Martix:
not on AIM?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok...I will check into the evil kit when I get some more money...where could I find an evil kit for pretty cheap?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok...well im gonna go ahead and order it and have like 20 bucks left for gas...but thank goodness I have spring break next week so I can save some gas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are J&J better than the Smart Pants Progressive?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts