Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
About all the major barrel companies make up to an 18in, but I think there are other no name brands out there that make longer ones (correct me if Im wrong).

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
get a 20'' progressive then put pvc pipe on the end of that w/ a bipod holding it up ?

EDIT :

^^^^ 21''
damn 21'' front = worthless

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
yea. Tru-flight is 21 inch.. I almost got one of those, but got a 20 inch stonecold2 barrel....But that was a long time ago, when i liked woodsball.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i seem to remember hearing something about a 34" spyder barrel, maybe you could find one of those and get a thread adapter. why do you want such a long barrel though? its generally not a good idea to go over 16-18" (some people will say 14", but they are nubs :hug:)

16" barrels are great for airball. and the air that they "waste" is trivial... as in, maybe 50 shots at the most.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've seen 23" ones, 3-piece so its a 23", 16", 12", 4" and 8" i think thats what u could have from it, i cant remeber exactly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
well really you wouldnt neeed a 20 some inch barrel, just get a 16" if u want a long barrel,without having to lose speed off the ball, anything after 14" or 16" is really just friction and taking speed off the ball, but if u want a long one, 16" should be just fine for that, but u can always go 18" it wont be waaaaaayyyy to much off of the ball

Edit: i actually found it, it actually puts more spin on the ball, causeing it to be less accurate

·
Impy's Rule
562 Posts
tippyninja said:
a ball will go the same disstance regardless of barrel length
True but it will be so slow you can watch it threw flight and easily step out of the way. Having a barrel that long isnt practical even if you want to be a "sniper", which to me is a bunch of **** when it comes to paintball. But we wont go there rollin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts