Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look what I got (NO 56K!)

Just got my new suspension parts in.

Should give me about 3 inches of lift for my 4Runner.

Getting it put on probably on Thursday with some 33" Mud Terrains.

I will update this thread with pics after the lift is done.

:hug:

Locker and rock sliders will be installed in a couple of weeks. Also getting the front windows tinted to match the back.

EDIT

Also got my CB radio installed a couple weeks ago where the ashtray was:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
awesome, be careful coil springs are the biggest killer of mechanics.

ps did u see the pimp my ride when they put 7" flat screen tv's in the mud flaps? i dare you....

haha j/k

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I am not a big fan of lowering trucks. . . especially not a 4x4. I will probably add a 2 inch body lift down the road to fit 35's.

I was going to do it myself, but I broke my wrist in a soccer game so I am paying someone to do it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
jwbehm said:
I was going to do it myself, but I broke my wrist in a soccer game so I am paying someone to do it.
I was about to say that kind of stuff is pretty easy to install. Just takes a bunch of elbow grease and some patience.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the only problem would be that I dont have a spring compressor.

As far as a lift kit, if you want to go with the best for the price, a 2.5" spacer would probably work to fit 33's. Eventually this would make the stock springs sag, so you would have to change it.

What I did is an 'OEM' lift. The front coils are Toyota Tundra coils, front shocks are TRD Double Cab Tacoma shocks, the rear shocks are front LandCruiser coils, and the rear shocks are Old Man Emu shocks. It is ultimately the best lift you can get for a 3rd gen Runner, the ride will be better than stock and the rear flex will be really good. Another note, if you get a 3 inch lift, you should get a longer panhard bar to center the axle under the fram, a differential drop spacer to protect the CV's, and an extended rear brake line.

All of this can be purchased as a kit for around $1100 or so from here, system #1

http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_complete_liftkits.html

Let me know if you have any questions, I have researched this heavily.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Yeah we changed the springs in my friend's GS-T and we bought the spring compressors from autozone and returned them later.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mah rock sliders today :D Not sure who I am going to have weld them for me, I definately dont know how to do that

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LIFTED:

I know I got WAY to much lift in the back, I am going to lower it about an inch and a half with some new coils.

Onto the pics:

Before:

After:

Those are 33's by the way, MasterCraft Courser MT's. I am 16, its the cheapest ones I could get.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Skurge said:
4runners are no joke off-road

looks good lifted :)

Thanks man, it is definately a capable vehicle. I could do soooo much stock, I cant wait to take it wheelin now. It will be alot better offroad once I get a rear locker.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It actually seems to have settled a little bit. I just took it offroad for a little bit and DAMN. This thing flexes like no other in the rear. I still need to work on the front flex, there is zero flex up there.

Having mud tires is awesome compared to my old bald ass street tires. I can do so much more than before without sliding around. I just idled through a mud hole that I used to have a lot of trouble with.

I am going wheeling for a couple hours tomorrow, I will get some pics.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts