Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a remote on my A-5. Any recomdations? I just want to get the weight off my gun, and strap the tank on my back.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good question, im not sure how many remotes are out their but when i get my A-5 im planning on getting a remote.

From what i have seen they are going from 20-31$. But who knows what type to get.....im guessing if Tipmman makes their own Remotes we should get them since they would most likly work the best with their own product, then agin who the heck knows!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shamed_Spartan said:
Yea, true. But I would think that their can't that many differences when it comes to remotes.

IDK, ima stfu

Im not so worryed about perfermance of a remote, more than i am the Quality of it. The biggest complaint i have heard about remotes, is them failing. The on/off nob, from what ive heard, is the most common problem.

What I would like to know, is what remote is the most durable? which one wont fall apart on me?

·
Registered
62 Posts
i had the pure energy remote, the 2000psi one i think. i took the thing back when it started leaking, like lordwolfx said, at the on/off nob, right where the threaded screw comes out of the nob and in to the asa that the tank screws into. it was prolly an oring, because i messed up and turned the thing on full, when all your really supposed to do is turn it the knob to the right until you hear the hiss of pressure going into the hose, and then one full turn after that. it was my dumbass that broke it, cause pure energy was to stupid to include an instruction manuel. then again, it coulda just been the remote, but take my advice on the operation of the thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea, quality is a big +. you should find some reviews, find the one with the highest ratings, and then buy it...even if the price is high, in that case, you get what you pay for. thumup:

·
sk8 with paint
390 Posts
well i know someone who got the A5 stealth pack and it comes with that. and go to tippmanns website and look under products.

edited

i just got off the tippmann site, they have a remote available for the 98 custom and the A5

·
Registered
53 Posts
my brother and i are happily using the pure energy remotes with side-check. under $30 from our favorite operation,paintballoutlet.
i also blew the O-ring while screwing around with it (opening the side-check and blowing crap outa my hair). it started leaking immediately after that. i called my dealer and they gave me the manufacturers number,and they sent me,no charge, a replacement O-ring. but had i known it was the same as a tank o ring,i would've saved time and fixed it on the spot. very easy to do: get two wrenches and open 'er up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well i looked around at the sports stores around here (Mc, Dicks) and MC only had 1 remote and it was a pure energy for $35. I think the local paintball store's will cost about the same, might even be the same brand, not sure. When i goto town tomarrow im going to look.

So you guys stand behind pure energy?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I recently received a 32degrees 3000lbs "thick hose" which is nice except for one thing...
If you keep un-screwing the knob, it will screw right off...what's with that?

Even though the quick-release and ASA valve is made from STAINLESS, I wish they would have put more thought into preventing the knob from coming off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the 32 degrees remote is pretty good... i got it for 39 and it works fine.. but then again ive only used it 3 times... but go ahead and get the tippmann rmt line.. probably will work better

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dont get the thin hose my friend got one and he had velocity problems. Get the fat heavy duty hose.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are 32 degrees temperamental?
It seems like I have to adjust the valve slightly to find the correct spot.

If I don't, I loose ALL pressure...seems fine after adjustment is made.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It seems that you don't normally open the valve completely (bottom out).
Once you are FULL open, crank it back 1/2 - 3/4 turn.

I will give it a try this w/e...Is this an HPA thang?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts