Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to get a pump gun for under $50.00 First off, is this a reasonable proce, and second, would it get a effecient(sp) gun? I dont' want to spend 50 dolalrs of a p.o.s. gun that is worth about $.50

If tippmann made pumps, i'd buy one, but i have a hunch that they do not.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Tigersharks, even though made by Brass eagle, are there crowning achievments before they moved to the USA. Them and rainmakers. Get a trigershark and polish the internals, and they will shoot darts. Best bet for $60 would be an OLDER style pgp. The newer ones need work to get in good order. go to pgpog.org and then click on the new style message board in the updates and check classifies. Most are dirt cheap. Hornets/mavericks/traccers are okay but i never liked mine because of the barrel bore. DO NOT get a brute from ebay, there terrible. Any sheridans are good. Hammers from kingman are sweet. Also, splatmasters are the first real gun made ment for paintball. On ebay for $20-$40. Those are very nice. One of my favorites. thumup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
tippmann made the SL-68 II

i have a maverick (basically same as trracer) and i'm having accuracy problems and ball breaks, i think it's the barrel/paint match or something.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tigersharks, even though made by Brass eagle, are there crowning achievments before they moved to the USA. Them and rainmakers. Get a trigershark and polish the internals, and they will shoot darts. Best bet for $60 would be an OLDER style pgp. The newer ones need work to get in good order. go to pgpog.org and then click on the new style message board in the updates and check classifies. Most are dirt cheap. Hornets/mavericks/traccers are okay but i never liked mine because of the barrel bore. DO NOT get a brute from ebay, there terrible. Any sheridans are good. Hammers from kingman are sweet. Also, splatmasters are the first real gun made ment for paintball. On ebay for $20-$40. Those are very nice. One of my favorites.
thanks pnda!

would you reccoment this? (both tigershark and sheridan)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47246&item=7130301455&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

·
Registered
440 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention, that particular sheridan was there downfall. Needs some repairs and modding with some handy work to get going. Problem is it doesnt have enough powner for the hammer to get the ball out over 6ft. A tigershark and a pgp is a perfect combo, or a tigershark and a splatmaster. If you get a tigeershark, some of the later ones had velocity problems due to creappy springs. Get a nelson kit or try to find a stiffer spring from your hardware store. http://pgpog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1105721362 Those are some sweet pgps. I would recomend the tigershark but not the jackal(xgs). Ask away, i got a hundred suggestions.
martix_agent said:

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what makes the sheridan better than the tigershark? and how much would that be worth? and the splattmaster..isnt' that kinda old to be using? or does it not matter about age with pumps?

·
Registered
440 Posts
austin.1 said:
i don't know much about vintage pb guns. but i'd say the splatmaster makes more sense if you're like a collector, not if you just want a working pump.
My splatmaster works sweet. Easy to maintain and dewffinetley a players gun. Whats better about the pgp is its more durable, customizable, and doesnt require a little tinkereing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Put it this way, id buy that pgp. Its worth $60-$75. A tigershark should not be more than $20. Pgps just have the good sheridan name and are awesomely durable and light.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The pgp? Theyre not unscrewable BUT i never ever break paint and when i do it takes to seconds to take the bolt out. Just pull out the arm and then pull out the bolt. Any questions pm me about your needs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts