Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I like the mini's stock barrel its not bad its nice and tight and you can keep it close which is good however when I play in the woods I like a 14 inch barrel I can't explain why but in woods ball I like that little bit of extra length to the marker just a small quirk. What do you guys recommend as a good barrel? I've been looking at the Invert Nighstick as well as J&J's and some CP barrels. I'm looking for good and accurate I'm willing to have them be a little more expensive cause I'll definitely save up slowly since its not a necessity right now just something I'd like to add on.

So whats your favorite 14 inch barrel and why! thanks guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard so many people describe a total adoration for Freak kits I'm really interested in looking into getting them but from what I see they usually are pretty expensive but surely it cant all hype I hear cause so many people I ask about them have nothing but good things to say.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The reason why the FREAK is so popular with the gun whores is because all you need to do to use it on a different gun is to get one new back, you can use the sleeves with any FREAK back

So if I have a gun in 98c threads, Spyder threads, Cocker threads, Angel A1 and old Angel threads, all I would need is one insert set and the proper threaded backs to fit all my guns
With other barrel kits, you get a number of backs in different sizes, and if you have another gun in different threads, you need to buy a whole nother kit.

With that said, I do have a Full Bore CP Barrel Kit in my MiniMart for sale if you're interested in a great shooting kit that fits the Invert Mini (and most other mid-high end guns)

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
want to know how to make the freak kit better> get a DW fibur, its a carbon fiber barrel that uses the freak insert sleeves, barrel plus full freak kit ran me $150 and it is sheer amazingness in a can. IMHO best barrel on the market the advantages of the freak kit but it feels like playing without a barrel on your marker, but you will loose the advantage of the different freak backs for diffrerent markers, but the mini being autococker threaded, chances are whatever you get next will be cocker threaded as well. i have 3 markers all cocker threaded and i use it on all of them, my only piece of advise is to not geta 16", get 14 or lower because a 14 is what will fit in the freak case, any larger and you will need something else to store your barrel in

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Azn I gotta see if I can get some money first though but it does look like a nice kit! Trbo I've read some reviews about the DW and it seems to be really popular so now I'm wondering if I should get a kit or just a straight forward barrel, so many decisions haha.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
if your going to get a single barrel get a $30 J&J ceramic, dont let the price put you off they are amazing barrels, if you want better performacne than that i say get a kit
I second that

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm really looking for performance I want to make my Mini the best marker I can for myself so I'm thinking a DW barrel with Freak inserts might be a very nice way to go, however I just gotta wait till people get more freak kits in and DW isn't processing orders till January 3rd.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
let me know what you think when you get it

o one little piece of advise i noticed when i first got mine, it took a little breaking in so to speak, and i know that sounds weird for a barrel but the inside is a little sticky starting out, so once i had a few barrel breaks and the paint filled in all the little nooks and such the inside felt much smoother, well actually im not sure if thats what happened or if its some protective coating from the factory that wore off after cleaning it a few times but it eventually smoothed out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll get back to you once I got everything Trbo, since I don't have the whole amount to buy the set and I still need some more stuff I'm going to order the Deadly Winds 14" now and then in a day or two order the inserts and a pod pack an some other misc stuff I need. And a little plus from Christmas was I got a $125 gift card so the barrel is pretty much free so thats a plus. Once I get everything Im going to be playing on the 16th so I'll do a little review on how I liked the barrel and the whole mini etc.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
You need inserts for the barrel to work correctly
You will NOT be able to shoot without inserts, so I would buy the barrel and the BoreMaster kit all together

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to be ordering the inserts within a day or two so they should all arrive around the same time. I ordered separate because I had to use a gift card for the barrel as to not spend my paycheck faster, and I havent got all the money in my account yet, otherwise I would have ordered it at once.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
let me know what you think when you get it

o one little piece of advise i noticed when i first got mine, it took a little breaking in so to speak, and i know that sounds weird for a barrel but the inside is a little sticky starting out, so once i had a few barrel breaks and the paint filled in all the little nooks and such the inside felt much smoother, well actually im not sure if thats what happened or if its some protective coating from the factory that wore off after cleaning it a few times but it eventually smoothed out
Hey Trbo after a full day of playing at Liberty in New York with my mini and the whole setup I can finally report on the barrel. All I can say is WOW! From the day when I had a 98 with a Cyclone that was heavy as all hell to a mini I'm blown away. The barrel was light and pretty accurate as the day went on I had to change from .693 to .695 which kept the accuracy as the day went on. Since I still had paint and wanted to see how the NXL mode was me and a friend shot over to the Chrono pit to blast through the rest of our paint before leaving. On 20BPS Full auto the mini was shooting ropes with the DeadlyWinds incredibly accurate granted the mini had a little kick at that BPS but even with the kick all my shots hit the intended targets.

I ever hit a target which was hung from a tree a few years into the chrono pit on full auto and consistently hit it with every shot. My friend loved the barrel as well when I had them shooting the gun they all said it was incredibly light and very accurate. So the Deadly Winds and Freak Inserts is as good as everyone said and I'm loving it! However there were a few guys with Ego's out there that had just unbelievable accuracy. still an amazing day!

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
Its not the its not the egos that are shooting well, its the players. There gets to a certain point where the marker doesnt become anymore accurate, so the player has to improve. Good to know that you love the mini and the DW fibur :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its not the its not the egos that are shooting well, its the players. There gets to a certain point where the marker doesnt become anymore accurate, so the player has to improve. Good to know that you love the mini and the DW fibur :D
Very true I agree with you there they were some skilled players with some awesome equipment makes me realize I need some practice! My friends solution was to buy an Ego rollin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts