Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I have my permit now, and I am looking at some cars, becuase I need to start saving up to get one when i get my license. Now, I dont really know that much about cars, so I need some help. The good thing is one of my dads friends who rents one of our apartments is a mechanic, so I have that covered. I am looking for a car that will go fairly fast, but I dont need to go super fast. It would also be nice if it were on the cheap side, and at least decent on gas. I was looking at one of the new V-6 mustangs, are they any good? Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.
Also, I dont really care new or used, so it doesnt matter.

Thanks,

Zeruel

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Ill have to check it out. Please excuse anything I say that is stupid and if I make dumb comments, I dont know much about cars :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i know. But really, they arent all THAT expensive new. The MSRP is 20k. Which, while it is a lot, it isnt as much as a lot of cars. I am also looking used, to save some money. I checked out the WRX, im gonna look around for a local used car, see what they go for.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meh, ive just decided to go used. Ive been looking at some used ones, that at least SEEM to be in good condition, for cheap. My dad has also said he will chip in 1 or 2 thousand, he gave me a choice. A new fourwheeler(quad, atv whatever you wanna call it) or a couple grand on a car for me, guess what I chose :)

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Well, you're gonna hate me for this one, yet look for a civic or teg. It'll be reliable for a first car. Won't kill yourself in it, and you can modify it easily; parts are available out the ying yang. I had a civic for my first ride unfortunately, yet it was reliable and it got my into the sport compact scene. You could get DSM, yet for a first car, insurance will kill you if it's turbo'd, and once you modify, they tend to break down. Plus, resale value is good. After that, then you can step up to something faster.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, I have looked at the civic. I will also look at that sentra. One funny thing is that my cousins 1.8L 4 cylinder will outrun my other cousins brandy new Mazda A6 i beleive it is. I always think it is quite funny to watch :) Thanks for the help guys,

Zeruel

·
Registered
102 Posts
im still young like 14, 15 in august im taking drivers training in the summer my dad said if this guy drops his audi TT price i might get it :) isnt that awsome i think so well bye

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
If you can swing $5-6,000 on your own, tell your dad to get you that ATV and just buy a decent used Integra to start with. It won't look or drive horrible, but if/when you wrap it around a tree, it won't be a huge loss either. A lot of new drivers get into at least a small accident or two. If you don't spend a lot on this car, you won't be at as much risk of smashing something nice, and then when you turn say, 18, you'll be able to get something nicer than that V6 'stang on top of two more years of driving experience.

Have fun, ride your ATV, be 15, get an Integra.

:)

-allstarunited's first car was worth less than a #4 combo at Taco Bell

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, ive been looking at the integra's alot. I found a pretty nice one, with a buntch of stuff on it. One thing it has on it is a stage two clutch.. what is that? I know it is a clutch, but what does the stage two mean? It is a pretty good deal to, its about 3500.

·
Registered
314 Posts
stage 2 basically means its better/stronger than stock, which is good

id say go for something knida cheap, like around a 00 interpid, they dont hold resale value to well which is good for buyers, even when they are in good condition, same thing with sebrings, but theyre a lil more pricier

newbie4now said:
im still young like 14, 15 in august im taking drivers training in the summer my dad said if this guy drops his audi TT price i might get it :) isnt that awsome i think so well bye

if you get a TT as your first car your an idiot

·
Registered
102 Posts
why why would i be an idiot if my dad is gonna get it why not tell me that

·
Registered
314 Posts
ok, your not an idiot, he is, you dont need an audi TT for your first car, your kill yourselve of your friends, maybe both, take it wasy if you get one tho

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
an audi TT is gonna be wayyy too much for your first car. Insurance will rape you and you will probably wreck it. Most new drivers will have a small fender-bender in their first years.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
i got lucky and got my dads old car from him, i just have to pay insurance and gas and stuff. its a 93 oldsmobile 88, so its a little bigger car, and can hold 4-5 people comfortably(which as nice because i was the first in my group to get thier licsence so i ended up carting people around) also, its metal so when i hit a sign with it(the roads were really slippery, damn winter) it did like no damage to it.

its an older car, so its got a litle bigger engine than the newer olds, its a V6 instead of a 4-cylinder, but it still gets about 20 mpg.

if you want to mod your car or anything, dont go with these older GM cars though, there is like nothin you can do to it. but used ones in pretty good shape ive seen for like 3-5 grand, which aint to bad

1 - 20 of 32 Posts