Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been out of the loop as far as Tech goes haven't played in a couple of years but i'm in the market to buy a Bob Long gun anywhere from 500-1000 dollars what kind would you guys recommend. really just want to know if the new timmys(protege) are better then the old ones or is there something better now Thx

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Protege is in the range, there are also the bob long Marq's out there I highly suggest you pick one up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd suggest to look into the Bob Long Vice (which is a 5th generation Timmy, and has some factory upgrades over the Protege) - or if you are looking to spend around the upper end of your price range, a Marq (not a Timmy, a completely different type of Bob Long marker)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought a marq 7 a few days ago havent played with it yet but it is super fast and very accurate. you will be pleased with the marq 7

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Just as a word of advice to anyone who reads this thread. The Marq line has 4 markers. 6, 7, Rapper, and Closer. 3 of the 4 are IDENTICAL other than milling and weight. The 6, 7 and Rapper's only differences is the milling and therefore the weight. The Rapper is lightest, followed by the 6, and the 7 is heaviest.
The Closer has the 4 eye upgrade and a Pillow bolt, and is lighter even than the Rapper...otherwise it's the same (so a 6/7/Rapper w/ 4 eye and pillow will be identical to Closer other than milling/weight).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good info - sounds like the old question, what are the differences between alias, a-bomb, dark, ripper 2, ripper 2.5, naughty dogs etc etc.. :D

for those wondering - no difference for those Gen3s as well, just the milling and weights :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
i have a marq 6 and it shoots great.

The protege is amazing and is almost identical to the vice minus the fact that the vice has better milling, a better barrel and feedneck. Internals are very similar, but the vice will shoot an entire case of paint on a 68/4500 tank filled up.

Worth the $200 more than a protege? If you have the money, go for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts