Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just joined this thing and had some questions concerning barrels for my 98 custom. I was wondering what other barrels i could get that would be a good upgrade for my gun besides the flatline. Another question i have is about marker internals. Being an airsoft player, i know there are different things you can do to your internals to make your gun more accurate, increase or lower fps, get a new hop up bucking, and stuff like that. Can you do that with a paintball gun? Considering, i want to make my 98 more accurate, would i just get a new barrel, or would i do something internally? Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
For a new barrel I'd recommend a CP one piece, J&J ceramic, or a Lapco Bigshot. There are a lot of options out there for upgrades (especially for Tippmanns) but most are just a waste of money. To fully upgrade your 98C here is all you need:

- A decent barrel I listed my picks already

- Agitated or forcefeed hopper. Ricochet AK or VL Eyeforce are lower priced options but feel free to spend more if you want because you can use a good hopper on any marker.

- Regulated air source. If you can get HPA fills where you play buy a good HPA tank. If you can only use CO2 look into a Palmer stabilizer or an antisiphon tube for your CO2 tank. If you don't want to invest in a stabilizer and can't find a shop to install the antisiphon at least pick up an expansion chamber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Now like I said, I am a big noob. Could you give me a list of reliable sites where i could get those things off of? Thanks man, i appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts