Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone else follows this sort of thing but I have been following the Laci Peterson trial for a while now. (In my opinion, husband certaintly looks guilty.) Anyway, has anyone else heard about the Lori Hacking case now rising? Another pregnant woman is missing after "going out for a walk/jog" under suspicious circumstances. Lori's husband, Mark, bought a new mattress the day she disappeared and the old one has yet to be found...

Also, in another crime story, the BTK (His signature was "Bind them, Torture them, Kill them") killer has apparently come back after more than 30 years. After killing 8 people in 1974, BTK disappeared and was never apprehended. Later, a killing in 1986(?) was claimed by the BTK killer, in a letter to the local newspaper, and is believed to be valid. Now, he's resurfaced and is believed to already killed two more. He knows details unknown to the the public and has the same M.O. as the original BTK killer. Is it the same person? If it is, he'd be about 60 at least by now. Strange...

Just wondering if anyone else was following this. thumup:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
lori, laci and btk

I follow the Laci Peterson Trial. I don't think her husband did it himself, but I can betcha the ***hole knows who did. I hope he freaking fry's for it. No tears, no emotion, he's a heartless b*stard.

The Lori Hackings' case..... I think her husbands whacked. Too many inconsistanties about the mattress, him being found running around naked in front of a hotel what 2 days after she disappeared - I mean wtf? Even though they say they have witnesses that saw her getting on the trail to jog. Oh yeah, what do ya think about all his lies? About going to college, going to medical school and all that. They were getting ready to move (can't remember where to) for him to start medical school. I'm wondering if she found everything out and he was afraid of her bringing his elaborate life of lies crashing down around him. Another prick that should burn in hell.....

Haven't heard anything about the BTK thing. I'll have to google it and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kat said:
I follow the Laci Peterson Trial. I don't think her husband did it himself, but I can betcha the ***hole knows who did. I hope he freaking fry's for it. No tears, no emotion, he's a heartless b*stard.

The Lori Hackings' case..... I think her husbands whacked. Too many inconsistanties about the mattress, him being found running around naked in front of a hotel what 2 days after she disappeared - I mean wtf? Even though they say they have witnesses that saw her getting on the trail to jog. Oh yeah, what do ya think about all his lies? About going to college, going to medical school and all that. They were getting ready to move (can't remember where to) for him to start medical school. I'm wondering if she found everything out and he was afraid of her bringing his elaborate life of lies crashing down around him. Another prick that should burn in hell.....

Haven't heard anything about the BTK thing. I'll have to google it and see what I come up with.
Mark Hacking's lies are the most confusing part of the case. His family has come forward to say that he said these things under pressure to "be like his successful brothers". I think it's very possible that Lori found out and, when she threatened to reveal his secret, she was disposed of. His whole hotel thing is bizzare. He's in a psych hospital now for "stress". 2 to 1 he has something to do with this disappearance.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Oh definitely, I think he does too. He may be in there for "stress", but something makes me think he's going to use that to his advantage once they've got evidence on him. Can we say "temporarily insane" and boy that would just beat them all.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kat said:
Oh definitely, I think he does too. He may be in there for "stress", but something makes me think he's going to use that to his advantage once they've got evidence on him. Can we say "temporarily insane" and boy that would just beat them all.
That will probably by the defense stategy, if it goes to trial. I'm guessing they will find the body in the next 2-3 weeks. Sad to say but it's probably true.

Did you follow the Susanne Carno and brother Ray case at all? Both got 40 years minimum...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jdu said:
I've been following the BTK case (probably because I live near Wichita). Haven't paid much attention to the others.
What do you think? Think it's the same guy or a copycat? If it's a copycat...he knows a lot.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think its the same guy. The crimes were to close in how they were carried out for it to be anyone else. My G/F is terrified, it took me 4 hours to calm her down after this guy first resurfaced, and she still won't sleep without someone in the room with her.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdu said:
I think its the same guy. The crimes were to close in how they were carried out for it to be anyone else. My G/F is terrified, it took me 4 hours to calm her down after this guy first resurfaced, and she still won't sleep without someone in the room with her.
Not really that odd. Considering what he did to his victims before...

·
Banned
910 Posts
i follow the btk and laci cases

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chromekilla said:
whats the deal with this BTK guy? ive heard of him, but not really what he did to his victoms
Well, his most known murder is where he killed an entire family after torturing them for upwards of four hours. Included in that family was a girl who was only eight I believe. Now, he's back...

Anyone see a short time ago where, Scott Peterson was doing a TV interview just 4 or 5 days after Laci disappeared and when his phone rang, he just turned it off so he could go on with the interview. Suspicious anyone? If your wife is really kidnapped or missing, wouldn't you be all over the phone in case in was the kidnappers or Laci? That's proof (circumstantial but till proof) that he knew that it wouldn't be Laci or any kidnappers. He knows what happened to her...

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
All this is kinda freaking me out. But I'm interested, I don't know jack crap about the laci peterson case except for that a woman was kidnapped and killed.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
All this is kinda freaking me out. But I'm interested, I don't know jack crap about the laci peterson case except for that a woman was kidnapped and killed.
Her and her unborn child were killed...the husband is on trial for both.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the sonofa***** did it:

By PAUL FOY, Associated Press Writer

SALT LAKE CITY - Mark Hacking "just snapped" and killed his pregnant wife after she learned he had been lying for years about his education and career plans, his father declared Thursday.

"I think it's clear that this whole house of cards he had built, all this deception, had come to an end. He had been found out. His wife discovered his deception and confronted him with it, and I just think he just saw his whole world collapsing and broke down," the father, Douglas Hacking, told The Associated Press.

"He just snapped, and did something there's no explanation for. That's the only way I can envision it," he said.

Hacking said he based his belief in part on reports that Lori Hacking, 27, left work stunned and sobbing on July 16, three days before her husband, a 28-year-old hospital orderly, reported her missing. Colleagues at the brokerage firm where she worked told the AP they believe an administrator at a North Carolina medical school had called her back to say Mark Hacking wasn't enrolled there.

Early on, Douglas Hacking said he looked his son in the eyes and asked if he had anything to do with Lori's July 19 disappearance.

He said Mark denied it, then revealed to his brothers Scott and Lance on July 24 at a psychiatric ward that he had killed his wife in bed while she slept and threw her body in a trash bin.

Both Scott and his father are physicians, and Lance Hacking is an electronics engineer. Douglas Hacking said he believed Mark probably felt pressured by his family's achievements.

Hacking has said he was "completely blind-sided" by Mark's deceptions. Now the father says he's trying to reconstruct his son's life. He said he hasn't spoken lately to Mark, who was jailed Monday on suspicion of murder.

For years, Mark Hacking allegedly lied to his wife, family and friends about his education and career plans. Not only wasn't he enrolled at medical school, he hadn't applied. Nor had he graduated from the University of Utah. Yet he and his wife were packing for the move to Chapel Hill, N.C., and his deceptions were coming to an end, his father said.

On Thursday, a judge extended to Monday the deadline for District Attorney David Yocom to file charges in the case.

Police believe Lori Hacking's remains will turn up in a municipal landfill, where they planned to return Thursday night with a team of cadaver dogs.

It could take a month for police and dogs to plow through 3,000 tons of compacted garbage buried 20-feet deep over an area of two football fields, and "luck is going to play in this whole thing," Detective Phil Eslinger said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts