Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im 175 pounds(not fat, just a little bit bigger then what i want to be) and ima drop down on the junk food and eat about half as many times as i usually do(5-6 times a day) and ima work out alot more, here is where yall come in.

i was wondering if y'all knew any good cardio workouts,biceps workouts, abdomen workouts, and something to give me better stamina. i am very open to suggestion thanxs wave:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't wanna go to a forum that i don't know, thats why i posted here. all im asking for are a few suggestions no workouts y'all have used for each of the areas stated in my first post.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know, i never wanted to use pills and never will, i am between5"9-5;11(not sure last one was an inaccurate measure will measure myself sometime). and i am going to try to get in at least one kl a day and move up from there

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a decent gut and my stamina sucks so i figured i'd just get a list of good workouts for each body part.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i just joined a gym last friday.. best investment i've made in a while..

friday - worked out chest
sunday - worked out legs
tuesday (today)- worked out back

tomorrow we're doing shoulders, and then after that im not sure..

we just use the machines one certain days, and the freeweights on others. from what i've gathered, doing arms is practically pointless. in all the workouts besides legs obviously, your arms end up being worked out in the process. and at the end of each workout, we do a 10-minute run on the treadmill.. it feels great once you're done, it sort of relieves any pain from working out, and supposedly releases some hormone that "makes you happy". either way, its fun cause we can watch tv on the treadmill.

the best part about the gym i go to is - no one is every there. the most amount of people i've seen at all, was today. there were 5 people there at once. this is a brand new gym, latest equiptment, locker room, showers, and they're building a sauna in the next few weeks which would be awsome to go into after a workout.

the people ther ealready know our names and its just great, and i can't wait to workout even more and start seeing results.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im quiting drinking and smoking, not helping me on my "quest" for better health.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
imhungry said:
run, a lot
run, a lot

seriously. Easy cardio. Take a run outside for a while. Work up a sweat and get your heart beat goin. Then maybe add in some weight lifting.

It's not all about losing pounds. It's about losing body fat. It aint rocket science. Take it slow and start running a few days a week and just watch what you eat.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I talked to a friend of mine about getting in shape for next paintball season, and here is was he told me to do for losing weight and getting in better overall shape.

Run 15 minutes
Lift
Run 15 minutes

Walk to the gym if you can. The running when you get their gets you loose and ready to go for the lifting, then the running at the end kind of wraps everything up. In the lifting part, that's kind of up to you. Do whatever muscles you want to. I switch between legs and arms for paintball.

Drink water, and don't eat cookies and ****.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
actually supposedly not stretching before lifting is better. a trainer at the gym my brother works at told him that if you dont stretch, youre muscles are tighter and you end up using more resistance

stretching before running and i guess other exercises is necessary, but thats so you dont pull a muscle

1 - 20 of 49 Posts