Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was starting up my tractor to cut the grass today and it choked when it was starting up, once it kicked it was the loudest thing i've heard in my life. I seriously thought the engine was gunna blow. I shut it off and took a look at it. My dam muffler was loose, just in one spot the screw came off.

So I fixed it and started it again, this got me thinking...I wonder how bad a car sounds w/out an exhust or a header? Then I remembered 1337's story about that jackass in his neighborhood.

Anyways (kinda off topic) my friend brought over his Nitro RC Truck and he never uses the exhust on it and it's pretty loud when your right next to it. We raced my electric Rustler against his and the sad part was that I beat him, 2 times actually. First time we did first to the sewers and then first around this little island cement thingy.

P.S - I can't sleep :hug:

O

·
0 Posts
My dad said his friend and him drove around in a mufferless camaro once. (Just up and down a couple blocks)

That's loud for you.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
cars without mufflers are loud......i have a friend who has a 66 mustang pushing 500hp running just pipes and it set off pretty much all car alarms.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
When I get a Twin Turbo Z (hopefully this Spring) I'm going to make it sound NICE. Test pipes, full cat-back exhaust, new headers...Should make it sound pretty nice.

Plus one of the greatest sounds ever - the PSSSHHTT from a blow-off valve!

-Jin

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
Anyways (kinda off topic) my friend brought over his Nitro RC Truck and he never uses the exhust on it and it's pretty loud when your right next to it. We raced my electric Rustler against his and the sad part was that I beat him, 2 times actually. First time we did first to the sewers and then first around this little island cement thingy.

P.S - I can't sleep :hug:
The nitro rc engines need the exhaust if you want any power, and most of them are decently loud even with the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
sick_dawg5440 said:
The nitro rc engines need the exhaust if you want any power, and most of them are decently loud even with the exhaust.
truth.

one time i flipped my tmaxx and the muffler came off, it was so freakin loud with like a 1 inch header, lol.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
when i put mustang exhaust on my Tbird, I finished putting the h-pipe in after the exhaust shop closed so I couldnt get it welded to the mufflers til monday (it was saturday when I did it). so I got to drive around with no mufflers for a couple days and holy **** it was loud. when you start goin it gets really drony and makes you feel like your head's gonna explode.
when I finished putting the mustang's engine in I ran it with just headers, the H-pipe wasnt even bolted up to it, so it was even louder. it ran like total **** tho cuz the o2 sensors were reading super lean so it made the car dump hella fuel into it. also without some kind of restriction on the exhaust your low-end power suffers a lot

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had a exhaust leak on the exhaust manifold on my ranger...damn that thing was loud! It was louder than my stepfathers F-250, and I was running 2 less cylinders than him....I hated that truck.

Sounded like **** too...

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
No1TubaPlayer said:
do you pull?
We move our heavy equipment with it. It pulls a 40 ton super wide trailor doing 70 all day long. It's got a modified turbo cummins straight six with straight pipes, a 5-and-a-4 trans (two manual transmissions back to back), with a super heavy Rockwell rear (heavier then most anything used today), it was one of only two produced (standard oil got the other, which was scrapped). My grandfather had it custom made by Brockway in '69 and it still runs great, less then 70,000 miles on it right now.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
No1TubaPlayer said:
do you pull?
We do. ;)

Finally found a picture. That's actually not my dad's, it's the companies, but my dad's engine is similar. It's got an EMD 12-567-B, and it's quite loud. It might not be able to do quite 70mph like your truck, Dooms, but it certainly can pull a hell of a lot more. :devil:

I don't know why I've never shown you a picture of the engines before, I guess I just never thought of it. You're always going on and on about your big diesel trucks, and I figured you would appreciate an engine like this. Hope you like it.

-Jin

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Is that one engine drive or does the engine turn an electric motor? The trains I got to see a few years back from NJ Transit use a diesel engine to power an electric generator, which is what powers the electric motors that move the train. I never knew that until then, it is very interesting how they work. The engines were huge also, I think they were a V20 making like 1500hp and around 5000lb-ft tq, that's a lot of power, especially since it isn't used to move the train directly. Very cool stuff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts