Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Angel marker and it only uses LP tanks so i was wandering, do LP tanks fill up the same as HP tanks or do they use different air?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Same air, the only difference is the output pressure from the regulator..

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
They do? I always thought they were cheaper, I guess because of the very untrue hype of SP saying it is better than HP, or the fact that the company has to go outta it's way to fit a LP regulator on the tank instead of the standard HP regulator.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
30? that is insanely low.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thats for the cheaper brands. Someone told me that compressed air tanks fill up by the air compressors that you fill up tires with. Is that true, doesn't sound like it..

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
An air compressor is an air compressor. They all use the air we breath. So you can use a tire/paintball/scuba compressor interchangeably.

LP tanks may cost more because they are not as common as HP tanks.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yes, they are both compressed air tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for all these silly questions guys i feel kind of dumb >.> But does that mean i could just go fill up my tank by myself with a air compressor?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Yes, if it fills to the correct PSI, but i highly suggest you use one at a field given they are properly set up and have air filters to keep dirt outta your tank..

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
And it can be dangerous. Especially if you don't know what you are doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont plan on doing it but my friends are. Could the tank like explode or does it just shoot off?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
it can ultimately explode. especially if you get oil in the fill nipple. there's some nasty nasty stories and pictures of that happening.

To solve that, simply do not put any sort of oil or lubrication down, into, or around the fill nipple of a HPA tank. I'd also suggest that you get a fill nipple cover. they can be had for under $5 each

Now if you fill it yourself, make sure that you're not overfilling it or they can overpressurize and also blow up in the worst case scenario.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
What angel did you get? If it is a G7, 06 speed, or an A1 you may not need a HP tank. I had a G7 and could use a HP on it. Same with my A1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its and A1 and i was also wandering, i know 4500psi is the best but does getting a 3000psi affect performance or just the amount of air it holds?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The amount it holds which could ultimately affect your performance given you might run out in the middle of a game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've heard that most angel 1's dont use HP tanks but some can for some reason but it could mess up the internals? What would happen if i put a Hp tank in to see if it worked?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts