Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,815 Posts
I just bought one, and personally, I love it. I went from a Quest to the 2.0. I tried out a few different higher end markers before the purchase. I wouldn't say that it's any better than the 1.5 with the "2.0" upgrades though... But then again, it is ALL prefrence...
But other than being lighter than a quest, is it better than the quest?

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
It's less efficient. If both are set up right, they're about equal in smoothness. Quests have fewer orings and so fewer points to leak. Luxe is DEFINITELY quieter.
The Quest is by far more efficent with air. I have to fill the tank up after every game or so with the Luxe, and every two-three games with the Quest. Not a huge problem IMO, as I am a front player anyway. They are both pretty smooth, although, I would say that the Luxe is just a bit smoother, not by very much though. The Luxe is A LOT LIGHTER though. At least it feels lighter to me. And yes the Luxe is quieter, other than the annoying voices sometimes. IMO, the Quest is a far better marker for the price. The only downfall though is that the parts for them are dwindling down, and the only place that you can really get stuff for it is either on ebay, or critical paintball. That being said, I would rather play with the Luxe.

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
but parts for a quest aren't that hard to come by. what do you need? noids? those are used in a number of other markers so those are still findable. the cores you get from any auto shop, hpr use whatever. lpr, just don't lose the coin.
I'm not saying that there are not parts out there for them, there are still parts out there for my Ion, or even my pre 2K spyder! I'm just saying that it's nice to be able to go to a local paintball store and pick up the parts that I may need for the gun. I LOVE my Quest, don't get me wrong, I still use it from time to time, but I have been wanting to get more into the paintball tournament deal for awhile now, and after holding and shooting a few other "high end" guns, I decided on the Luxe 2.0. It was the gun that felt the best to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts