Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

What is the best material to make the M82 body?

• Plastic, Cheap but not like real

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Steel, Too heavy

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aluminum, Light but expensive

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
None of the above.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Make it entierly out of nylatron.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Why? Maybe for a dedicated woodsballer that only goes to scenarios, but otherwise whoever had that would get creamed, mopped up, get his ass kicked, and generally slaughtered. Too big, too unweildy, hard to keep small behind a bunker. i just cant see that being very succesfull. A snipe rifle? Come on, every noob is taught the truth about sniping and paintball within their first few games, either by asking around or finding out for themselves that a paintball just will not keep reliable accuracy past 150 yards, and even that is pushing it. Im sorry if i offend you, but i feel sorry for whoever buys that unless they know EXACTLY what they are doing and are sure with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
write "agg" on the side and everyone will praise it:rofl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The speed is more than 500 ft/sec....(when shoot .43 balls)
It may be too powerful~~~
gonna ask manufacturer to reduce the speed~~

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
500 fps will not get you on ANY field even with the smaller caliber pballs. Make it shoor .68 to make it more user friendly as then you can get any pball to shoot anywhere. Unless you make the retail price at less then $100, you are gonna get creamed by armotech stuff. And I agree with what others have said, exept the "agg" comment. That thing is deifinatly NOT agg.

·
Registered
287 Posts
kshhhhp - this just in, its fagg not agg - kshhhhp out...

im sorry but that thing is useless.

·
Printer.
1,273 Posts
jdsdelta.com said:
The speed is more than 500 ft/sec....(when shoot .43 balls)
It may be too powerful~~~
gonna ask manufacturer to reduce the speed~~
There's no may about it. At 500 fps, you'll be kicked off the field. The judges at my field were about ready to do the same to me, and I only shot 330. Once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi!
As I know, that is military edition and will be only sold to law enforcement.
The general edition will stay in the regular speed!

This is 0.43 Caliber and will carry much smaller
kinetic energy, compared to 0.68 Caliber.

0.43 is much more accurate than 0.68 (under the same velocity)
The price of 0.43 is also cheaper than 0.68.

However, there is no major supplier in the US market.
(Japan, Korea, and Taiwan use a lot of .43 Caliber)

·
Registered
129 Posts
accually for law enforcement its not baaaad.
but you still gotta remember, that looks like a barret.
and usually snipers shoot the barrets from kilometers away sometimes, well a very long distance, so regardless it wont really make the distance, however make it more of a hunting rifle design and thats different.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Roadkill said:
Why? Maybe for a dedicated woodsballer that only goes to scenarios, but otherwise whoever had that would get creamed, mopped up, get his ass kicked, and generally slaughtered. Too big, too unweildy, hard to keep small behind a bunker. i just cant see that being very succesfull. A snipe rifle? Come on, every noob is taught the truth about sniping and paintball within their first few games, either by asking around or finding out for themselves that a paintball just will not keep reliable accuracy past 150 yards, and even that is pushing it. Im sorry if i offend you, but i feel sorry for whoever buys that unless they know EXACTLY what they are doing and are sure with it.
The M82A1 SASR and M82A2 SASR weighs in at 11.7ish pounds loaded with the irons. It is not that far out of the realm.

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
did you make it or is it a company? if its you just put a bipod and a scope on it and put them on ebay and be like sniper paintball gun and you will get lots of money

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, contrary to what many of you have posted this could be very cool. I would be happy to create special rules for it and allow it to be used to destroy "hard targets" as the M82 is designed for.

We also allow pump guns to shoot at 300fps, while all others are limited to 280.

It's all about the rules and what is allowed or included by the event director.

JCS feel free to contact me and we can discuss it.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry

Scenario Director
Viper Paintball Scenarios
www.viperpaintball.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts