Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question regarding the sear and rear bolt on a my 98. my gun is starting to rapid fire, and i know it probably means i neen a new sear or rear bolt. What i was wondering if its possable to just use a grinder to resquare the edges on the bolt and sear to make them catch properly again. i just wondered if anybody has done this.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
That should work for a while. I'm thinking that after grinding it flat again it should catch right, but it will probbly wear faster than the first time. So you could do that now for the short term and than buy a new sear and rear bolt (Buy them both otherwise the older one will cause the newer one to wear 10x faster) when you can.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
I would replace the sear 1st to see if that helps.

But you can grind a little on the Hammer (Rear bolt) but not very much because to much and you will start to have problems .

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
your sear or rear bolt may have worn down too far. open up your marker and examine the edges; the rear bolt should have a pretty sharp edge groove or the sear won't catch.

make sure your sear springs are not worn out or installed incorrectly. also, try oiling it first. if the edges of the sear/bolt are in fact worn down, try using a file before the grinder, a grinder may cut off more than you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ill try that. if not ill just go with some new ones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts