• PC

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya say? I got a mac recently and it's bomb. Who else?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
This thread will probably end up closed.

Anyhow, I have both a Mac and a PC. Mac's do take a little while to get used to for windows users.

I don't feel like typing a lot but basically I think it is all personal preference.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Mac's are ten times easier the typical Windows computer.. That's why Windows users always get so confused.

Here comes Tony to lecture about Linux..

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
when I would use a mac a friend owns I noticed it had a few quirks w/ Os X that I found strange (like how me closing something didn't really close it, just sent it away) But nothing to really discredit it from a windows perspective.

Both are great, spend a few weeks on either and you'll have no trouble with them.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
At school I use Windows, Mac, and Linux. The school has computer labs for each, so I just stop by the one that's closest. Anyway, my favorites and Windows and Linux. I use the mac, but it's still a little funny to me after years of using Windows. Linux, on the other hand, I picked up almost instantly (other than using the Terminal, but even that isn't too bad once you figure out the commands). They each have their up-sides and down sides though.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
One thing I love (among many) about Linux/Unix is terminal/shells. DOS just sucks compared to a Unix shell. I could easily do everything I need to do on a computer just using a shell - try doing that with DOS and you'd light it on fire in frustration.

-Jin

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
No need for a Linux option, it runs on both;)(It's also not a type of computer)

However, when it comes to PC vs Mac, it really depends on what I'm doing. For video editing, as far as my experience goes, macs have pwned pcs hands down. However, for just doing day to day stuff, PCs seem to work. I may be a bit biased because I don't use macs often, but I see that both have their strong points, so the "better" choice depends on who's using it and what they're doing.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts