Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks cool, but I don't know much about them. How many markers do you have, and how do you afford all of it?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Three, DM9, DM6, and the Cyborg it's not that many.

I afford it by working when I have the opportunity, and using that money to make more money. I've made some money off of buying broken guns and selling them. I sell them a bit high so I make a good profit or trade for something easier to sell. I traded this for my PM7 straight because it was broken. I took the time to find the parts to fix it BEFORE accepting the trade and found the parts I needed for 60 dollars instead of the 150 I would have paid. Now my PM7 which I bought for 300 dollars will turn into an RX Cyborg that I could probably trade for another DM9 or 09 Ego if I wanted to. So just take your time and work with what you have. For my DM9, I had an old guitar I didn't use that cost me 70 dollars, I traded it for a laptop, and traded that laptop for a DM5, I sold the DM5 for 250 dollars. I also bought a broken PMR for 50 dollars, took me 25 dollars to fix it and sold it for 150. I had an extra 100 dollars and I bought it for 500. So it's as if I bought it for 250 only it took a little more time and patience.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh I see. That seems like an excellent method. In my opinion It's really fun to work on guns anyway.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might keep it for a while. I haven't gotten to play with it since it's winter and indoor is pretty far. So far I really like the feel of it and I love love love the trigger. It's fixed now too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Once upon a time, I used to like working on markers too. However I find as my age continues to climb, my enthusiasm for doing anything other than shooting them declines at an exponential rate.
Nice.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Where can you easily find broken markers?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PbNation B/S/T usually has some broken markers. There was a PM8 not too long ago for 150 that had a frame that was broken. The little handles that held the frame broke off. I would have used QuickSteel epoxy to mold new ones and sand it to make it a bit better looking and have a good shape. I'm sure it would have held fine. There you would have a nice PM8 that is worth around 300-350 for only 150 dollars plus 5 bucks for the putty. If you're going to do ghetto fixes like that to that extent since frames are really expensive. It would be better to buy and fix for keeps. You have to ask for problems, think about possible reasons towards the problem, and maybe see if anyone has had a similar problem. Also if you're going to fix it with something at home to replace a hard part, make sure it won't mess it up even more, or break again because then it will have even less value and people will find it sketchy. You have to make sure you fix it right. If you make a WTB thread on PbNation you get offers for very cheap markers that are broken. When DM9's came out I remember seeing an extremely cheap custom white DM9 with a leak I could have fixed for 400 dollars. Back then they where still worth at least 900 or 1000.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok, thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts