Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always heard people talk about the macdev tanks but I never really looked them up. Well I went to the macdev site while looking up my barrel and noticed... their tanks are EXPENSIVE?

What seperates a Legionair or a Conquest from any other tank or from each other?

Is it just weight and flow, or is there something im missing completely, caus it seems like a hell of alot for a tank.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah true, its just i was looking at their tank regs, and the conquest reg is like 300ish (random number from memory) and that seemed pretty outrageous.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if you think about it crossfire and others are like $175.....for and extra 25 you can get a lot better take with all the extra stuff (if you didn't notice i was lazy)

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Thats Manufacture MSRP... buy from a company in states and it will be cheaper. and a Legion air screw in is pretty much the same price as any crossfire or pure energy, and alot better

and a Conquest is an agjustable tank so it's gonna be more. they run about $300, average for an adjustable tank.

--Jared

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anyone know where to get a Legion Air tank here in the States? I am in Texas near Dallas. A buddy of mine is either going to get one, or I will sell him mine, and get one myself. I just have not seen any locally anywhere. Not even a player with one. Give me contact info if possible. And $200 for a screw in is a great price. I paid $225 for a screw in Centerflag Stubby brand new. But that included the Dye Rhino cover also!!

DyeTex

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
macdev likes to control exactlly who gets to sell their products so they don't get a bad rap due to a shops mistakes. paintballkingdom is the ONLY US distributor. From my understanding if u buy it in the us, they got it from kingdom.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bobide thanks for that heads up. Found what I was looking for there. They seem to not have a screw in tank right now though. I might give them a call. Maybe the website doesn't show all the inventory they have on hand. And the shipping for the Borg guns is cheaper then ordering it from Australia. They might just have a limited color on hand though.

DyeTex

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
My teammate rob has one. They're absolutely awesome, a little thicker and a little shorter than the crossfire 68/45, covers fit great, hella light, consistant, small reg (so your body can be closer to the gun). They're really nice, if you need a new tank then get one of these.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Grizzles out post or w/e in Cali sells Regulators and stuff for macdev.. and there are a few more shops selling guns... but the guns go through PBK

Basicly...

All guns and barrels from MAcDev go through PBK
All Regs and airsystems go through Grizzlys..

I believe they are sending legions through both though

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Impy912 said:
i ordered a legion air from macdevs site, how long should it take to ship to ohio?
However long it says when you check the tracking number.

I'm guessing two weeks, maybe more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Impy912 said:
i ordered a legion air from macdevs site, how long should it take to ship to ohio?

"There is a shortage on Carbon Fiber.. I play for a Sponsored team, and we don't get our tanks yet... I put in an order for mine 2 months ago.... but Momma's boys get first dibs and ppl who had orders before me on 68/4500s... And it takes a while for them to make tanks and they are costly"

Someone told me that above. So like you, I am also waiting for my tank. But I guess its going to be months before it is shipped. If he did his 2 months ago, and they are still backed. Its going to be at least 2 months or longer for us, because we just orderd ours. So we are at the end of the line that has been building up for months.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts