Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday I went to the Mack truck factory in Allentown PA to watch them put our new truck together and learn how to fix them when/if something breaks (which I've learned is darn near impossible with all the computer crap they put on). It was a lot of fun, pretty amazing how they put them all together. They actually spit out around 101 trucks a day. They also run every truck on a chassis dyno to make sure it puts out the right power.

I couldn't take too many pictures, but here's a few:

The engine going in another truck. It's a lot easier with no cab on.

All the trucks outside the factory waiting to be shipped out.

Ours:
600hp cummins engine
double frame with third 3/4 frame brace
extremely short frame
65,000lb rears
9 spd transmission

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
do they make cab-overs anymore? i always thought those trucks looked badass. i mean a 130 square foot chunk of iron in my rear view always gave me tingles.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, they still make them. They had one sitting there that was going to be a concrete pumper. Triple frame, heavy axels, extremely long, and six sets of wheels. The thing was a monster.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moving heavy equipment (D8 dozers, large excavators, ect) and taking our two old Brockway tractor trailors to shows. We were using the Brockways to move stuff, but parts are getting to be impossible to find. My father decided we would be better off buying a new truck then risk breaking our other two. He got a pretty good deal on it too, it normally is a $180,000 truck, but we only paid $160,000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts