Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Naughty Ice
1,596 Posts
are they good? yeah there lighter than a steal braded hose by like .001 onces. you use them with hpa, maybe your friend just sucks at life and doesnt know how to use it because ive never heard of any one having a ****ty macroline as it is a tube of plastic and hard to mess up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, there good, there better than Steel Braid Hose, and they look at lot better, plus you can custommize with them with different Colors. I wouldn't use them for C02 though, they sometimes can pop while using C02.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
^They can pop using HPA too, it's happened to me mid-game.

Steel braided hose is the most durable choice, but Macroline looks alot better because it comes in colors. It's preference really.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You guys all skipped the main reason macroline is used. Ease of maintanence. Instead of trying to wrench your steel line off everytime you need to access your asa/reg/valve or whatever, you pop the line off and its out of the way. Looks are secondary.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
^I suppose thats true if your gonna be removing your frame/regs alot. But it shouldn't need maintnence if it's a SBH.

·
Registered
626 Posts
drktamer said:
The majority of serious paintballers use macroline from what I've seen.
True. Steel braided line only comes on Spyders/Tippmanns and other beginner type markers. It is much easier for maintenence

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hardline is the most durable, but hardest to put on. Hardline comes stock on some Phantoms, it's that metal tube on the side. I would not suggest installing hardline yourself.

Stainless steel is much more durable than macroline. It is more user friendly than hardline, but more complicated than macroline.

Macroline is the least durable out of the three but it is the cheapest and most user friendly.

-Mike

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
Steel braided is safer, and won't shatter into a million peices if you break it. Macrolines if overstressed can break, which is one flaw. BUT, you can disconnect them in less than 2-3 seconds, Steel braided hoses take a bit longer and tools are usually required.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cockerkid63 said:
BUT, you can disconnect them in less than 2-3 seconds, Steel braided hoses take a bit longer and tools are usually required.
Which is one of the things that drove me crazy about Tippmanns. My friend had to put his in a vice and have his dad twist like mad with a wrench to unattatch his steel-line to install a drop :(

I suppose it almost comes down to style of play. If you are crawling around on your stomach in dense underbrush for 4 hours, I'd go with the steel-braid.
If you play at established fields and don't want to sit out half the day looking for someone with vice-grips, go with the macroline

1 - 13 of 13 Posts