Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a maddman valve in my Pilot ACS. I created a paint blender. There could have been one of two problems 1) the pressure was too high, 2) the ACS bolt didn't like the pressure change. As an aside, after firing maybe fifty shots, trying to adjust the pressure I sheared off the striker bolt plug. So now I'm thinking of abandoning this project and my marker's broken.
By the way, I've got a palmer pursuit regulator and I studied otter and maddman's site before starting.
Does anyone know what went wrong?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
The madman is a valve that lets tons of air through the marker. It is designed for a LP setup. If you run the madman at standard input pressures you will get what you describe. Lower your reg until there is just enough air getting through to cycle the bolt fully and then leave it. You may find that input pressures are in the low 200 psi range once you do this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

I appreciate your reply. I was afraid I'd get the "do a search" reply. I have read that gauges on regulators are very inaccurate, but how do I know what psi I'm running without one?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Miniguages can be off by a fair amount.
If you have access to a good quality guage, you can strap a 1/8npt thread onto it and attach that to your gun.

Or you can just turn the reg down all the way and work up until the gun starts working (full cycles, no burping). Then add paint and keep adjusting until it chronographs in the right range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts