Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search on this but it didn't answer my question.

What exactly is a magnetic trigger? Are there "kits" to convert any trigger to one? Are they good? Is a CP sling blade considered one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If a magnetic trigger is available for a gun they generally come stock, for instance a Smart Parts Ion. On the Ion it has a small circular magnetic on the back of the trigger that makes the trigger pull back toward the frame. My gun came stock with one, and the first thing I did was take it out, because it made it extremely choppy and awkward. However I know some people leave them in and love the feel, it's all personal preference. Having said this, I don't know of any kits to convert a normal trigger to a magnetic one. I have the CP sling on my Ion now, it is not a magnetic trigger. It is considered a roller bearing trigger, with two small bearings at the top pivot point of the trigger, this has been a quality trigger and I highly recommend it.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
A trigger that is returned by means of a magnet. Thats all it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it will be the sling blade then.

Just bought an ion xe and am learning to walk the trigger. In my newbie mind, I don't understand why a shorter trigger pull doesn't allow for better "walking."

Is it true that longer pulls walk better or is somewhere comfortable in the middle best?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
That is personal preference. I like a snappy return so I choose a high spring tension and have the activation point right before the stop screw hits. The return is just a little bit above short.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts