Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the dude at my local pball store says that mags arent that great and he cant sell them. i said i wanted to shoot fast and he said get and impulse....yuck. so i said i didnt want an electro and he said get a cocker. i dont really want a cocker either jes cuz their so complicated. he had a chrome mag in his shop and he said it was a thousand dollar gun and e said hed sell it to me 4 350. he told me he hasnt bought a new mag in 3 yrs. i still want a mag i figured id get a rt and xvalve and lvl10...so on.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
The 'mags suck' talk all started when mags were all stainless steel, and of course, before the lvl 7 and lvl 10 upgrades that revolutionized them. For the uninitiated, the lvl 10 is a bolt system that prevents breaks by squeezing forward a bit to be sure a ball is fully loaded in the chamber before firing.

Unfortunately, xpaintball.com only has them in the RT Pros and left-feed EMags. The E-Mags are great, don't get me wrong, but a bit pricey.

You can get the new RT Pro with a ULE body and the X-Valve (lvl 10 included) starting at $420, or $510-515 if you want the Intelliframe or Y-Grip (both are double-triggered.) All of which is off of AGD's website.

·
Registered
728 Posts
now got a quick question I've been out of the mag game unfortunatley due to college. and of course I gotta get one to go back to my roots. Is the Inteliframe make it electro or what? I haven't had a chance to read enough on it.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Intelli is a mech frame. It connects to your revvi to make it spin on every shot.

·
Registered
728 Posts
ahh ok had one of those just did a wiring job myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i really want one im savin up now that i got my fishy to where itll shoot. im lookin at either a rt or rt pro i dont want a emag jes cuz the whole reason i wanted a mag is cuz i dont want an electro gun.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Zedaine said:
Are those two words even possible to say together in one sentence!? :(
for people that have used old mags, yes

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
yeah i thought mags sucked to untill i used one. i was talking to the owner of the local pball shop. he told me even mech mags shred i was like wtf really?. he gave me a rt ule y grip mag and a pod of paint and sent me in the back room. i was like damnnnnn. mags rip so hard. th best part is that mags just have that old school feel to them, which is why i like em.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mags are awesome me and my friend where woods balling with another friend it was a 1v2 .2 totally pimped out electro spyders with everything you could think of on them, and one stock automag with co2 and he killed us both within 5 shots so that say alot

·
Banned
474 Posts
yes, mags are good, but if your friend got you both out in 5 shots, i wouldnt give credit to the gun. Either you two suck or he's really good

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lord Headley said:
Then you’ve come to the right place!

Mags have got to be one of the best mechs around, IMO. Wouldn’t dream of ball’n without one!

- Brian

Best electro too :)

Finnally got the E-mag working after sanding the lvl 10 bolt and getting rid of the burr inside the body ring. I bought it used and broken for cheap and fixed it up like its new. It owns and I was quite sceptical at first as it was heavy. Only comlaint is that it uses way to much air. LVL 10 is amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts