Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding my bike, i left my house a few minutes b4 the outage, and came home to my parents calling like crazy, asking if everything is okay, Seems like the power went out here for just a second, but it is back. Everyone has to be careful, and the government better start explaining what the hell is ****ing going on because it seems like chaos on the news

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew something was wrong when i called my brother on his cell phone before leaving, and i got "we are sorry, but all our lines are full" and the last time that happened was Sept. 11.

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
The officials say its not terorists, but I think it is, I mean come on, with all those people in the street, even a little suicide persone could do big dammage. Yes, I think that somebodtydid this!

~KidPaintball~

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZeRO eFFeCT said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started in Canada...speculation says ottawa or Niagara
well it sounds like everything is going to be okay, theres not gonna be a lot of love for canada though

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we like canada more than we like detroit anyway:p damn modonna, and detriot tigers...

:p jk

but there are still people stuck in subways under the rivers, so lets hope they get out okay

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope my brothers all right....he was at at Canadians Wonderland when this happpened......im trying to get through on his cell phone but its not working..like NYY sid, this hasnt happened since sept.11. It could be terrorists.. you never know

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DaBluedevil said:
Started in Canada, dominoed down. Its a big circuit and its bad. I usually loose power in the winter, and my relatives in the urban areas don't, but now they don't have power and I do. Fun stuff! I have a/c, and now I get to hear them whine about it. THey make a huge deal out of it. Its nice out, they should make hte best of it. NYY, glad to see you have power.
thanks, you too, but 99% of my family lives in brooklyn, and they are all out of power, but luckily most of them live near the ocean, so its not too hot, and everything seems fine

Paintball_AAR said:
I hope my brothers all right....he was at at Canadians Wonderland when this happpened......im trying to get through on his cell phone but its not working..like NYY sid, this hasnt happened since sept.11. It could be terrorists.. you never know
well terrorists wouldnt just shut our power down, and watch us put it back up.There would have been some kind of attack immediately after the outage, but there was none, so we dont have much to worry about

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
once one of those plants shuts down, a lot of the others have to, or they risk being blown up

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
well they figured out how to get guns and weapons onto a loaded airliner and hijack it, and they were smart enough to learn how to fly a god dam 747 enough to fly it into a building, so to say there not that smart is ridiculous.
AAR- you might not be able to get him because the companies that support your service lost power too? its a possibnility.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
BLAME DETROIT....NO they came out with the true american muscle. god dammit. You wouldn't have any cool stuff if it wasn't for them..we need to blame those asses in japan....damn ricecruizers...its japans fault.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
It's not terrorism. It seems that nowadays anything that goes wrong is blamed on terrorism. I just heard on the news what happened. Lightning struck the powerplant by Niagra, this caused a huge surge of electricity, which overloaded the plant, shutting it off. That surge of electricity traveled down the wires to all the other plants, overloaded them, and shut them off. So this was all a big domino effect caused by lightning that first struck a plant up by Niagra.

And things aren't as chaotic as people think. It's been reported that things are actually pretty calm in NYC. There were citizens directing traffic, and people were casually walking home. No big deal. Plus, a lot of emergency generators were being activated so key things have power. Everything isn't lacking power, just most things.

At my house, we lost power for a second, then we had a brown out. But all the power came back. We are really lucky though because all of the towns surrounding us are out of power. I think we are the only place left with power. I just talked to my friend on the phone and she lives about 15 minutes away and she didn't have power.

So calm down people! No terrorist, just a natural thing.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts