Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad drives a work van and he leaves it at home because he useally just drives with his Jeep to the shop and pick up the van then he has to drive again to work. So recentally he's just kept the van here and today we got some oil for it, he said it's getting low.

So he opened a cap and said dump it all in, I started dumping slowy and then it was puring out because it was overfilling. I stopped and called him over, he looked at it again and noticed that it wasen't the oil fill, it's was the transmission fluid. So now he says he needs to take it to the shop and get it fixed before it gets messed up, LMAO!

What can happen by putting oil into the transmission fluid?

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
lol

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
Lol wow, yeah, Id drain and flush it pronto. You can mess up a tranny just from using the wrong tranny fluid, let alone motor oil. How can you mess that up though? Every car has its oil resevoir on the valve cover...how do you screw that up?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Master of Paint said:
Lol wow, yeah, Id drain and flush it pronto. You can mess up a tranny just from using the wrong tranny fluid, let alone motor oil. How can you mess that up though? Every car has its oil resevoir on the valve cover...how do you screw that up?
Lmao, I have no idea. The caps were kinda dirty and hard to see, but still he should have wiped them off.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i <3 my jeep.. the transmission fill is on the transmission itself.. the only fills up on top are the power steering, windshield wassher, coolant and motor oil...

plus my tranny takes oil anyways (altho not the thin motor oil)...

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Master of Paint said:
on vans they have tubes coming up to the top for the oil fill and the tranny fill but usualy the cap for the tranny fluid is red or atleast this is the way it is on chevy vans

but yeah that sucks get it drained and flushed out

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
I don't see how the hell you could have dumped oil in the transmission...
Well...

You unscrew the tranny fluid cap.
Then you unscrew the cap on the motor oil.
And finally, you dump the contents of the motor oil into the opening of the tranny...

Then you say "****! Wrong hole!"

<3

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Girl at the place I worked at in Highschool killed off one of her cars almost the same way, but backwards. Poured ATF into the engine oil because the bottle looked like a quart of oil. =\

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
huh, on my cars the only thing you put ATF in is the dipstick tube. only way you put oil in is the oil fill neck on the valve cover

oh, and apparently lounge subforum posts count :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts