Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a friend of mine lives in a place call West-Lake, simply put, its where all the rich people are in the city, the paintballers there designated a specific field for paintball, its actually really nice...theres a stream which circles it, with a natural boundary, trees, tall shrubbery, right now about 3 foot high grass, its really nice, it seems perfect for paintball, and I wanted to build a few bunkers here and there just to make it even more playable.

I was just wondering if anyone has made a bunker, I really dont think it would be hard at all, in fact I know its not going to be hard, I was just curious about any tips, or stuff U ran into...

·
Banned
151 Posts
hey i just finished my field and i used some pallets i picked up at the dumpster behind the hardware store and i got 10 of them then i used hinges to connect them and make 90 degree angles and when im done i fold them up and put them behind my shed so no one messes with them but also get barrels or trash cans

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
pballer486 said:
hey i just finished my field and i used some pallets i picked up at the dumpster behind the hardware store and i got 10 of them then i used hinges to connect them and make 90 degree angles and when im done i fold them up and put them behind my shed so no one messes with them but also get barrels or trash cans
use anything you cna to make a bunker that can withstand many paintballs and it will be fine...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
If he lives on the rich side of town get him to but some lumber.
Run two up and down then screw the others sideways across them, prop up against two trees or use more wood to make it stay up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just use dead wood and pile it up, it works good if you pile it right so no paintballs can get through it. I have one that is about 4 feet tall, and it is impossible for paintballs to get through, but it took about 2 hrs to make.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There's alot of ways to make bunkers. Plywood, plexiglass (thats a fun bunker), you name it, it can be made into a bunker. We use those wooden pallets that fork-lifts use for our bunkers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ryan_Page said:
yeah, you can stack em, lean em, anything, and sometimes pbs get through, so its interesnting.
They are the premire bunker material i think. You can easily drape an old bedcloth over them to keep pbs from getting through, but its funner when they can get through!

O

·
0 Posts
I made a course in my backyard recently. I went to a tire store and got some of the old tires from the dumpster. That worked out well. Of course there's pallets and old wood. Another thing that most people haven't even thought about is old tables. If you have a old picnic table, knock it over and get cover. Good luck and have fun with that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
if u don't have to pay for it yourself, and your parents dont mind, go with plywood.

If you have to pay for it yourself, get canvas, 8" carpenter screw things, 100ft of rope (NOT NYLON), and a grommet maker.
-Cut the canvas into whatever size you want it to be.
-Make grommets in all corners.
-go to the place u want to set up the bunker.
-hammer the screw things into the ground (through the lower grommet holes)
-Tie the rope around something (through the upper grommet holes)

http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=886186&postcount=1

·
Registered
112 Posts
jdu said:
There's alot of ways to make bunkers. Plywood, plexiglass (thats a fun bunker), you name it, it can be made into a bunker. We use those wooden pallets that fork-lifts use for our bunkers.

how do u get those wooden pallets?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was thinking about making a field too, and bunkers are my concern. I'm thinking about going pallets and barrels. I don't really have money to spend on it. Pallets would make it interesting. Cover some pallets and leave others open. Keep people from hiding out the whole game.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts