Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a simple and easy mod, but it saves lots of... whatever it saves, it's nice to have. It is nice to do if you don't want to buy speed caps.

▫▫▫Materials▫▫▫
Drill
Small drill bit
10 round tubes
small zip ties
electrical tape (any color, I just used white)

Drill two small holes in the top of cap.

Put zip tie through one hole.

Then out the other.

Connect zip tie, and pull tight.

Then tape end with electrical tape.

After a few layers, cut tape and make smooth.

Then you can do this in mass production. I did 6 of them in less than 5 minutes.

So then you have it, custom speed caps. Post any questions, comments or suggestions.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yeah but speed caps are only like 10 cents apiece. And I don't want to spend that much time on something I'm gonna lose. And I lose them alot. In the last 6months I've gone from about 70+ 10rd tubes to 20. Its cool though. I just ordered 100 more tubes and caps from wevo for $25. Just waiting to hear back from him.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
splatwithhonor3 said:
Yeah but speed caps are only like 10 cents apiece. And I don't want to spend that much time on something I'm gonna lose. And I lose them alot. In the last 6months I've gone from about 70+ 10rd tubes to 20. Its cool though. I just ordered 100 more tubes and caps from wevo for $25. Just waiting to hear back from him.
Yeah. I did this because I would have to order speed caps, and shipping to hawaii would take a while, and I needed these quick. And it doesn't take much time at all to do them.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Nearly how I made mine when I used those tubes. Broke my PVC feeder though so now they just lay around. :eek:

Also worth noting- If you know someone who works in a restaurant or cafe that has fountain drinks (you know, the soda machine things) you can probably get a bunch of speed style caps.

When they get new cartons of syrup for the soda machine they come with a cap over them that is like the ones Wevo has. Some brands just have a twist off lid though, others have the kind you want. I've been meaning to ask the school cafe to start saving them for me but I always forget.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great idea

Nice man, i did exacly what u did, thanx for the tip. it took me like 2 minutes to do it......if ur that lazy........i duno......

Attachments

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The green caps do indeed break

Once they get old, they turn hard and brittle
I'll have to think about getting me some real speedcaps... as soon as I finish my bolt action Spyder
:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts