Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my friend said that there is a way to make your paintball shells really fragile, like just dropping them and they'll break. Is there a method to do this?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
no even if there was, it's nota smart idea. htey'll break inside your marker.
There totally is. You just need to chill your paint. Teams either grab their paint out of air conditioned trailers at events or put the paint on ice. Know the important thing here is you're not freezing the paint!! You only want to cool the paint down and make the shell fragile. Try either your fridge or putting the paint on ice for a little bit. Too cold and its so brittle you can't shoot it, so this is something you'll have to mess around with to get right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There totally is. You just need to chill your paint. Teams either grab their paint out of air conditioned trailers at events or put the paint on ice. Know the important thing here is you're not freezing the paint!! You only want to cool the paint down and make the shell fragile. Try either your fridge or putting the paint on ice for a little bit. Too cold and its so brittle you can't shoot it, so this is something you'll have to mess around with to get right.
Yeah, that's what my friend said. He said to freeze it, then take it out, then refreeze it again. Kinda confusing. Don't know how long to put it in the freezer though.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
never freeze paint.

paint shell gets ice crystals formed in it from liquids absorbed in it, ice crystals look like little knifes under microscopes, weakens shell, once it warms up, it gets mushy and unusable, bad idea overall

I personally have a small mini-fridge set at the lowest possible setting, and that's where I keep all my extra paint :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never freeze paint.

paint shell gets ice crystals formed in it from liquids absorbed in it, ice crystals look like little knifes under microscopes, weakens shell, once it warms up, it gets mushy and unusable, bad idea overall

I personally have a small mini-fridge set at the lowest possible setting, and that's where I keep all my extra paint :)
Sick shiz!! I'll go experiment! In my backyard of course. I don't feel like getting banned from HSP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts