Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make my gun more silent other than a new barrel? I'm planing on getting a J&J but I was wondering if there are other ways. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crustybug said:
buy shrink tube that will fit around the sear spring. cut it so it covers the coils and such and there you go. DO NOT SHRINK IT THO. just slide the tubing over it and youll be good.
Ok um, wow. Can you kinda clear that up a little for me I'm lost. By no means am I new to the sport, but I'm very new to owning and messing with the guns themselfs.

Any way you can show me how to make those illeagal silencers??? :naughty

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Look in the mods thread...I think its part of the super sticky for Tippmanns.

Basically it help get rid of the *ping* sound when you shoot.
Aside from a ported barrel, the only [reasonable] think I can think of is using a regulator to lower the operating pressure a little. Lower pressure air tend to have less of a pop when you shoot.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Torch said:
Aside from a ported barrel, the only [reasonable] think I can think of is using a regulator to lower the operating pressure a little. Lower pressure air tend to have less of a pop when you shoot.
this is very true.

A few things I have done are

Glue some craft felt to the inside of your hopper to cut down on the about of noise from paint rattling in it ( the classic "Shooka, Shooka" sound kinda tells the other team that your on the move)

Keep your hopper topped off. THe less room there is for the balls to move the less noise they can make But don;t over fill your hopper to the point it will notfeed or the agitator breaks paint)

Put a oring bettween the feed neck and that body to stop the feed neck fron rattling

Pack your pods so they are full enought that the paint dose not rattle but too the point that paitn breaks in them.

I will also experiment with a few other ideas i have yet to try and let ya know

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mortisdeum, I have never realy thought about noise as far as the hopper goes, thats pretty good thinking. I have read some of your posts you tend to think "outside the box." Let me know how those other ideas work, I'm intrested.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dirdy said:
There are silencers out their but they are fake and just for looks, illigally you can make one tho if you know how to make one that is. The only downside with silencers is they can make your gun less accurate sometimes.
I would have agreed w/you until I saw one first hand over the weekend.
It's made out of plastic, a little over 12" in length and 3 to 4" in diameter.

The owner fired his marker, and everyone was in disbelief as the paint broke on the floor.

Just keep a look out...I'm sure you will see one in an woodsball field near you :D

edit:
did a search, and came up with the following:
http://www.geocities.com/austin_316_07/silencer.html
and
http://www.undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1542

·
Registered
452 Posts
mr_manny said:
I would have agreed w/you until I saw one first hand over the weekend.
It's made out of plastic, a little over 12" in length and 3 to 4" in diameter.

The owner fired his marker, and everyone was in disbelief as the paint broke on the floor.

Just keep a look out...I'm sure you will see one in an woodsball field near you :D

edit:
did a search, and came up with the following:
http://www.geocities.com/austin_316_07/silencer.html
and
http://www.undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1542
People make their own and they work pretty good. but ones sold in stores normally dont help a whole lot becuase if they do work its illigal. But yes some do work a little or alot deppending on who made them and if they were sold or not.

Also Mortisdeum thats a great idea, i always tried to keep my pods and hopper full and i even put some paper towels in my loader in the bottem to prevent them from shaking so much...i never thought about putting fabric or somthing like that, not only would it prevent so much sound but it will cusion them a little too so if ur are really rough with your gun while playing you wont break and any your hopper if u have cheap paint lol.

·
Registered
452 Posts
theCOWgoesMOO said:
cut the end of a sock and slide it onto ur barrel i did this onbe time just for camo and it was way more queit...itt works pretty good
thats how people make their homemade silencers. They use a pipe or some type of tubing to cover their barrel with, then they add some fabric or cloth that will absorb the sound of your gun exiting threw the rifling of your barrel. It works even better if you drill holes in your barrel for the air to realease out of into the silencer tubing thing.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
I made a silencer with a soda bottle, ripped up paper towel, and tape for my friends SKS rifle, and it actually worked. It was kinda cool but im surprised noone at the gun club said anything, im pretty sure someone seen us...

as for quieting a paintball gun, you could make a chamber on the end of the barrel with some sort of baffling that wont hit the ball when it exits the barrel...

much like this...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think im just the opposite of you guys: i want my gun to be as loud as possible.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dirdy said:
To scare people i guess, u must not be the sneaky sneaky navy seal type guy lol.

kind of,, till i start shooting.. thumup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts