Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Almost Dead Mantis!!

Todays morning I woke up and noticed something funny with my Mantis. He was on the ground on his back and their was a piece of his old skin next 2 him as he sheded. He was struggling around for a while and I was thinking he messed up sheding that he came out kinda deformed. His hands were high up by his head and his head was smashed up. I remember checking on him last night and he was fine....he also ate 1 grasshopper and 1 moth that night. Then I remember that when I was reading a Praying mantis book it said if a Mantis messes up molting it can be life threating. His adomin is like all soft and its squishy. He's missing 1 leg and hes barely moving the others. =( =( Wat do u guys think?

As some of u know I posted pics up of him up a while back and stuff. But I dunno if I should put pics up of him now.....its sad. I've had him for 3 weeks now and suddenly he's changed over night. He also has white wing type of things by his head...even though their wings should be by their admoan. I guess i'll start getting some pics....... =( =(

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's him 2 weeks ago eating a fly:

Now here's him lying on my computer desk: (Looks like hes dead by he slowing moving)

=( =(

Here's a pic of his adomen, as u can see it is squishy:

Here's up by his head, as u can see his arms r all talenged up:

He barely moves....just when I pet him he moves 1 leg like 3-4 cm.
EDIT: I just noticed that his head is missing.....now i'm thinking as he messed up molting he could have accenteally cut his head off.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I ****ING HATE praying mantisis............HATE THEM.......i hate bugs......and i seriosuly do not like them......they are huge and nasty and scary as hell

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
ILNC said:
I ****ING HATE praying mantisis............HATE THEM.......i hate bugs......and i seriosuly do not like them......they are huge and nasty and scary as hell
kill yourself. i hope a bug attacks you today.

about the mantis...good luck with it!

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
D_Smalls said:
hmm missing head... yeah im gonna say his shedding went awire...
I think they're like chickens, when you chop off their head they still move and everything. Maybe when you touch it the muscles are just moved and then going back to place. If it doesn't have a head I don't think its gonna pull through.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I decided insted of having him 2 suffer a long death i'd have 2 make it a quick one. Also he wouldn't make it cuz he can't eat without a head and hes missing legs. I'll miss him...Foe. Anyways I buired him by some flowers we got......while he was still alive. Cuz he'd just sit there barely moving untill he starved or loss of blood. So i'd rather have him sufficat in less than 1 min insted of having the long and slow death pain. I'll be looking outside for another 1...... And by now i've come 2 the descion that yes he did mess up while molting. The only things I had in there was 2 grasshoppers and 1 locus, they can't bite his head off and do that kinda stuff 2 him......they only jump. I've been watching them for the past 4-5 days.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Ahmadi6490 said:
Well I decided insted of having him 2 suffer a long death i'd have 2 make it a quick one. Also he wouldn't make it cuz he can't eat without a head and hes missing legs. I'll miss him...Foe. Anyways I buired him by some flowers we got......while he was still alive. Cuz he'd just sit there barely moving untill he starved or loss of blood. So i'd rather have him sufficat in less than 1 min insted of having the long and slow death pain. I'll be looking outside for another 1...... And by now i've come 2 the descion that yes he did mess up while molting. The only things I had in there was 2 grasshoppers and 1 locus, they can't bite his head off and do that kinda stuff 2 him......they only jump. I've been watching them for the past 4-5 days.
Way to be humane but he doesn't have a head. How could he feel pain without his head on him?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ILNC said:
Dhillo413 said:
kill yourself. i hope a bug attacks you today.

about the mantis...good luck with it!
I totally agree. Bugs aren't all that scary...... I hope a mantis lands on u while ur dead and starts feasting!!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah... serioulsy, lmafo. Well if I used a shoe then it would have smashed his body and guts/blood all over the place. I also wanted 2 have his body so I can buiry it. I was thinking of drounding him, but nah.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts