Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a new pull pin for my marauder (friend lost one of them on the field ) as well as a new O-ring for the striker. I cleaned the marker real well, and noticed that the striker O-ring that wasn't really that dinged up, so I lubed it and left it on the striker instead of replacing it. Anyway, I air up the gun with my HPA tank, and when I pull the trigger, it fires, and then it seems to fire once or twice more before settling in the un-cocked position, I believe the term for this is "burping." Now, I haven't put my new striker O-ring on yet, but I have confirmed that there is no paint or dirt in the marker or on the bolt, and the bolt was properly installed. As a side note, the 2 O-rings on the bolt are VERY worn, and have expanded and have a good many scratches. The place I bought the striker O-ring and pull pins from said that the manufacturer stopped making the O-ring for the bolt, and that I couldn't purchase it. Does this mean that Brass Eagle makes their own O-rings a size that doesn't exist elsewhere? Would I be able to pick up some size O O-rings (that's the size it says the bolt O-ring is) at Home Depot or something, or does it need to be the specific one advertised for the Marauder? Sorry for the super long question, thanks for any help!

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
Remove the old bolt o-rings and replace them with tank o-rings. (The ones that go on your CO2 tank.) Now test your gun, if the burping stops hang on to that striker o-ring you bought, it the burping continues replace the striker o-ring.

The striker o-ring should be the same as the bolt o-rings, I'm not sure who you're talking to that's giving you bad information.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
yeah, with the BE markers you should be able to go to wal mart, or wherever, get the 10 pack and it should fit everything in there.. a couple friends had some marauders a few years ago, and everything was one standard size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts